Reviews for I Walk
D. Rochelle chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Powerful images. I appreciate the line "I swallow fateful thoughts" - I think it presents a strong feeling that I can identify it.

The ending kind of leaves me disappointed, though. "And so I walk..." starts off very hopeful and uplifting, especially considering the previous stanza. But the "But sometimes I crawl..." just kind of shoves the reader into the proverbial dirt of a dead end. It gives it a kind of somber ending to what I thought was going to be an uplifting poem. This could be entirely what you intended, and if so, forgive me. :)

Good poem! Keep writing.
Lellida chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Wow- I really like the tempo and the feel to this poem. The imagery is great, and I can see all that's being described, especially the red rock canyon walls stained with blood. It's so beautiful. The last line is amazing in that it contrasts with the rest but compliments it at the same time. I really like this poem a lot.
Orual chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
I think I know what you mean by walking and crawling. I, myself, tend to follow the 'walk, run, fall flat on my face, crawl' cycle.

Anyway, this was a very free form poem, but it has some very interesting little nuances. I noticed a lot of alliteration, but in my experience, it isn't always intentional. At any rate, I'm glad you posted this.