Reviews for Empty Echoes
DarkBlysse chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
What moved me in this poem?

"I see it in empty chairs,

Feel it in vacant stares,

It resonates."

That entire stanza moved me, but particulary those three lines. 'It resonates.' That just made it so powerful in my mind, so...emotional.

"I paid it no mind, not really, no, not really"-I like the conversational feel you used there. It made it feel like you were talking to me and telling me the story yourself.

"I was happy, free, crazy"-This line just didn't work for me. It was the 'crazy.' It doesn't fit in with the other words, 'happy' & 'free.' It stuck out horribly when I read it.

Oh, I loved how you went back to 'It resonates' at the end again. That was a nice touch.
JagerCloud chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
Woah...

That was incredible...FULL of many emotions that I can relate to and I am sure that almost everyone else can also.

However throughout the poem, I kept wondering whether the echoes of footsteps were really his own. Perhaps they were someone else's...someone who was watching over him?
Hate In The Form Of Passion chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
I liked this one, though. Even without the lack of heavy imagery I still liked it. Good job. I almost feel bad that I didn't like one of your pieces. Shame on my soul.
Pink Sparrow chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
Wow, nice work! The description is amazing and the imagery is beautiful. I really enjoyed this.
The Forgotten Cookie chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
Wow, again, this was very good. I can't get over the way you can word things, it's just amazing.
ginnyellen chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
I can't say I haven't felt like that before. I have. There was a time when I questioned myself the same thing each day, almost, and I barely spoke to anyone about it. One day (I don't know how he knew, maybe I unconciously expressed my imaginary state of solitude to him) my best fiend started screaming at me franticly, saying that I was driving him crazy with that indifferent and depressed attitude, that I was not alone, and that I was extremely stupid to think so. I was so suprised by him that all I could do was start crying. He immediately held me close.

It felt really good. I agree with him, I was REALLY stupid.

Anyways... my point is that you are never alone, there will always be someone who loves you (not exactly a girlfriend). Hei... YOU have the quote that "YOU ARE NEVER ALONE!" so believe yourself!

Great poem. I really felt it.

Ginnyellen
Liebchen Rose chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
You're life isn't worthless, it never was. Just remember that and know you are never alone.

Hawke
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Ok Matt dear, we need to have a talk. Are you DELIBERATELY trying to get me to make a notebook of just your poems or is it some sort of ubconscious desire being fulfilled? lol :P

In other words, here I have yet another of your masterpieces to add to my faves list and my faves notebook.

The playing with punctuation worked, although I would have been lazier and just started new lines each time. Punctiation looks a bit more professional than white space though, so I think you've gone for the better option.

Repetition of "resonates" worked really well. (I was going to say it resonated, but then realized how weird that would sound! lol) General lexis was amazing of course. "Empty chairs" "vacant stares" are both really nice examples.

Erm, yeah, am not feeling very poetry-analytical right now so I don't think I'm going to do a stanza-by-stanza like I did last time. I'm sure your computer is still in shock from the length of that review anyway. If you do actually want me to go through it like that though, lemme know and I'll do it via email.

Well-written story piece. Loved it. Keep on posting! :)
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
When i'm reading this i almost hear a drop of water trickling in the back of my mind (like chinese water torture.) it didn't really...move me exactly, but that might just be that i'm half asleep. It's a good poem however, and the ending wrapped it up nicely. keep writing