Reviews for All Quiet Along the Potomac
Bentfender chapter 3 . 2/2/2006
Pretty good story so far. I like the idea and you're developing it pretty well. One thing though...I think John and Sarah are weirdly close with Shawn after only just meeting her. And maybe it's just me, but they're also kind of weirdly close to each other...I mean, they're brother and sister and they don't even fight! Anyway, other than that I like it. Peace, and keep on writing.
someone's sideshow chapter 2 . 1/29/2006
One detail: you said the date was March 18, 1861. Then you said:"...Fort Sumter hasn't been attacked yet...If it really is 1861, it won't be attacked for another nine or 10 days..."Fort Sumter was attacked on April 12, which would have been what, 25 days later?Just sayin'. :) I am a fan of this story so far.
someone's sideshow chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
Sounds like an interesting plot so far. I was somewhat confused about your main character. "Shawn" is not a name I have heard of for many girls, and you did not give much indication that she was a girl until you said something like "...I got my purse." At first I wondered if it was a manpurse. :) Anyway, I can't wait to see how this turns out. I hope you continue. I always love reading a Civil War story.