Reviews for Hungry Echo
Kouichi chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
I just admire the rythm of the poem, the style, just wonderful, just wonderful.
Devoid of Heart chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
I Like your Poems, they speak of experience and self knowledge. They give me something i can relate to, and seem to bring forth my own feelings on the subject as the words ring true, your poems are written well, and are intriquing.
Fox Angel chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
wow thats so good...and dirty Lol.
missmeghanh chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
oh how i love this poem so!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
nice piece.. the echo thing is cool and i love the rest of it too
sunshineofyourlife chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
oh wow do i love this.

-sunshine
Sighs of Emptiness chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
That was awesome. The reader feels what you feel, see what you see, and interpets what you interpet. You have the qualities of a true writer and I really think that someone should give you a book contract. I've never read anything like that before. It was outstanding.

And thank you for the review for 'Heaven Only Knows', I really appreciate what you had to say.

Sighs
SarahJaneDrkAngl05 chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
wow this was written very well. i like how its wrote. such passion in your words. keep up the good work!

SarahJane
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
-Sometimes, I want you so bad that I can’t breathe- Very powerful line; I feel the desperation and the needyness (if that's a word). I wish I had a girl that wanted me that bad. LOL.

-I always seem to get lost in the hazy drip of you,- I'm not even going to say what "hazy drip" made me think of.

-When it’s dark and I feel the sigh / I close my eyes / nude / beside the vacancy / and you brush your hand across my back like a paintbrush- See, the first time I read this poem, I thought that she was alone at the beginning, but then there's so much talk of the two of them and what "YOU" (that lucky, lucky guy) is doing to her, that I became confused. But now that I'm reading it through again, I see that she is indeed alone in her bed. All of the stuff that follows is in her mind; her fantasy.

-(echo. of. idealism. / echo. of. black. and. white.)- I don't know what the point of the periods are, but it looks very stylish.

-Reach my fingers down / embroidered, / and / bursting- I so love the word "bursting." I've seen it once or twice in the last couple poems I've read of yours.

-lips ach to part- Did you mean "ache?"

-quiver / shake / and / quake- I don't like the word "quake" here. It looks too much like "quiver." And the rhyme seems forced. Would sound much better just as "quiver and shake."

-(First we touched bodies / and then we touched words.)- Usually, it'd be the other way around. Perhaps that shows their priorities. Great lines, though. Possibly my favorite two of the entire poem.

-that shatters the glass of my painted fingernails.- That's quite some imagery!

-I’m a child / with love potion dripping from her fat lips- "Love potion" doesn't sound dirty, but I'm guessing it is. I think it's great how dirty this poem really is and yet you write it in such a beautiful way that it appears to be fine at first. I don't even know if people understood what was happening in this poem. Although I could be mistaken, but I think I know. But yeah, "love potion." I don't know if you meant what I think you meant, but I think that's what I'm going to refer to it in the future. LOL.

-(my eyes close / when you reach / inside the center; / bent on the / clean cut / curve of the / two of us together- I want to paste all the lines that come after this in the parenthesis, but that'd take up too much space. But yeah, all the lines that appear in the same parenthesis as the lines I just pasted, were absolutely and incredibly amazing. Very rhythmic and very sensual. That was pure sex written in the most beautiful way. Excellent job.

-it lingers / as the sun might / rise / in the middle of the day / a cold stray of warmth. / Frozen hands / and rainwater on my legs. / I fall asleep to the echo- Great lines.

And great ending, too. The poem ends quietly and actually kind of symbolizes the girl falling asleep; especially with the added bit in parenthesis at the very end; it's almost like a closing thought before she drifts off into her dreams (of HIM, most likely).

Alright, so ... am I totally mistaken, or was this not like the most incredibly beautiful poem about such a dirty, dirty thing? It's definitely sexual. It absoutely RADIATES sexuality. But this was a poem about masturbation ... that girl was getting it on inside her mind, indulging in her desire for that "hungry echo" that wasn't really there. My, my, my, what a great imagination she has. I wish mine was that good.

But even with the heavy sexuality, you write it in such a way that I don't doubt some people would even know what they just read. (And it's possible that I could be way off on my masturbation interpretation (ha, that rhymes!) but I really don't think I am.) The poem is highly sensual and beautiful, has great imagery and amazing rhythm and rhyme; and excellent word choices, too. It's just downright orgasmic!

Write on.
hardcore chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
(First we touched bodiesand then we touched words.)

within that echo, darling;(all for the echo, darling.)

gentle yet stunningly gripping. just how do you convey raw human connection this flawlessly. this one made my day!
Midnight Doorman chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
Wow, that's really good. Nice job getting the full physical and physio-emotional aspects all down in words.
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
maddening whirling descriptions of diminishing perspectives. gorgeous

"in the middle of the day

a cold stray of warmth."
from beneath the bell jar chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Very powerful poem - my fav line was " I always seem to get lost in the hazy drip of you" which reminded me of an IV drip - like without him you can't survive - maybe I'm materializing this, but I thought that was a cool metaphor.
Margot Tenenbaum chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
amazing, as usual.
serenenity-in-chaos chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
It's always nice to return from a hiatus and read something as beautiful as this. :) You already know I love your writing, need I say more?
40 | Page 1 .. Last Next »