Reviews for States of Nirvana
theory of black chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
I could not agree more with you on the first part, "home". Wow. It's really haunting in a way. I especially loved the two first lines the best because... life *should* be all ambient music. And silent car rides are the best for hearing said ambient music.

The second part, "almost lullaby", reminds me of a deep emotional scar that the majority of us have that we all need to forget and move on. It wont leave us alone (well, okay, I don't know about you, but mine wont leave me alone).

This is very vivid and it has a good flow. I also liked how they compliment each other like "you're going home and then you try to go to sleep". good job with this.
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
I like how you went a step further and showed the reader's the aftermath of the situation. The first part is definitely more metaphoric, but there's something chilling and remarkable about the second stanza as well. Keep up the good work
Pink Sparrow chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
nice work. is this two separate poems? I like lullaby the most out of the two if they are acctually two separate poems. I love the last two lines. Awesome!