Reviews for butterscotch kisses
marta.ador chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
Hi! Your story has been added to the Poetry category on A Drop Of Romeo :) Here's your review:

One of the things I love the most about this poem is the title. The simple combination of two words evokes a beautiful imagery that appeals to the senses, and that makes me want to read it over and over again, just so I can remember it. Perhaps the summary describes it better, mentioning "indulgence" and "too much pleasure". The unforeseen circumstance are no longer unforeseen for me – it's clear they're both addiction and admiration.

The poem itself doesn't fail to live up to the perfect title-summary combination. The use of "we" incites the reader to relate to the verses, and the lines are lovely in the way they are worded. I especially liked the first verse: "…we dream of many things…and yet, we call them trash…" It can apply to so many circumstances in real life, which was wonderful.

My only qualm was the mention of a "dancing bear" which momentarily pulled me out of the poem. It was a little strange and didn't feel like it fit the mood of the piece. Even so, it is no reason to not enjoy "butterscotch kisses", which will surely remain in your mind the whole day.
Shasta Valentine chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
again, a wonderfully striking poem.

the only part i didn't like was the dancing bear part, it felt extremely disconnected and sort of threw me off.

but great job, your feelings come across nicely.

-sv
The-Dreams-of-Emma-Michele chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
hmm... very mysterious and eye catching, i had to read it twice! Very nicely done!
deo.volente chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
i can smell the sweet scent! and create the vision that you have intended..
art by sola chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
I really liked this. A favourite. "we pick them light" stood out for me, for some reason. But on the whole it was original, small, and happy. I do like it.

Thank you kindly for your review.
G.L.A.M.O.R.O.U.S.P.U.N.K chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
wow just wow
thealternativechild chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
very nice, and extremely unique. i like!
criti-sized chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
Wow, I don't think I've ever sen anybody get so manyu reviews for their poems as you do, that's amazing.

Anyways this was very nice and I liked it alot.
A Midsummer Nights Sacrifice chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
Oh my gosd I love your poetry so amazing! I also love the word strife but that's off subject love it, love it, love it more you're amazing!

~Moi~
kelsi bones chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
very nice, but i have a thing against rhyming in poetry :P

Katrina

PS: Pin-ups are basically pictures of half (or completely) naked women. They were every popular in the 50's I believe...
x.Insanely Serene.x chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Wow, that's really cool... deep, strong, it meant a lot! I'm not sure if I know all of what, but it was cool! Loved it,

Love ya,~*Serenity*~
kit feral chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
Hmm... very interesting. Not sure I totally get it, but I really like it. It has an awesome flow and some of the lines are just amazing- "Yes, we dream of many things, With lilacs and lilies fresh" and "Chocolate-dipped strawberries kiss the lips" especially. The first one is just beautiful. Awesome work, keep it up!
empathic life chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
You're a very strong writer, though I'm sure already knew that. I take your reviews as very high compliments, considering how amazing your works are. I like the imagery in this one, and the irony, and contradictions, and. . . well, everything about it, really. Thanks again for the reviews. -E.L.
Kesslyn Rosewood chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
This is really great. The last stanza is my favorite :)
Juni chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
Awesome! Strikes me as very paradoxical- I like paradox. -done.
39 | Page 1 .. Last Next »