Reviews for Heart of Worship
Lazy Tanuki chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Wow! This was so good! It made me really happy to be a Christian, to know Jesus Christ. I went under a similar situation (washing of feet part) and it hit me as one of the most worshipful things I've ever done. I remember feeling so great afterwards, like a burden had rolled off my shoulder.

Anyway, I'm really faving this story! _
CostumeForAGutterball chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
WOW. WOW. WOW. This is one of the best pieces of writing I've ever read. AMAZING! I felt like I was watching it. *Disbelief* I am a Christian as well, HE saved me by HIS grace, and wow...good job!
HereWeGoTINOLY chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
This sounds like a few weeks ago at my church...No, we don't do feet washing, but on Wednesday, January 18, it was the most amazing night of my life. The sermon was about breaking out of the box that we surround ourselves in and living for Christ. That night, I found out who truly loves me, who actually cares for me. We up at the altar praying our hearts out, and suddenly everybody turned to face me and stared praying for me. I was baptized in the Holy Spirit that night and I'll never forget it. We prayed for a full hour and a half, and when we were told to leave, we still felt the need to pray. Your story touched my heart where I keep that memory. Awesome.
Katie chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
I'm not sure if I was meant to read this or not; if I was not, then I apologize profusely. Either way, I have to tell you how profoundly touched I was. This is absolutely beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes near the end, no matter how hard I tried not to cry. You're my hero, Alys. _
Faerie Tales chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
Ugh... how on Earth am I supposed to respond to *that* in a review? It feels almost as if I've touched on something sacred that I wasn't supposed to see... and I couldn't stop reading. It really pulled me into the moment you wrote of... made me want to go back to church, even just for such a bond as you have, such friendship and such devotion. Seriously... I nearly started crying myself when I read about Bryant, and I certainly feel as if I shouldn't have even seen Troy's moment at the end. He's such a complex person... you really reveal that in your writings.

Your conclusions was one of the best I've seen in my life... summarized the whole moment. You're going to go so far with this writing thing, Alys. I suppose you really are one of those people that I'll never forget... between your writing and the way you percieve the world. Haha... I honestly wish I was more like you.

Nyagh! Your writings break down a person! I haven't been this emotional in a long while...

I can't even convey how much I think of this. A lot, I suppose I could say, though it doesn't really do it justice. Perhaps beautiful would be the proper word... in that case, it's beautiful, and not in the trivial sense oftentimces used to describe someone's hair.

*sigh* I so love this, Alys! It shall go on my favorite stories list, it's the least I can do.