Reviews for Static Dreams
super happy nuclear girl chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
This has wonderful images. I love how open it is, how the structure really complements the tone of the poem, abstract and origional. Its an amazing poem, really good.
ode to a firefly chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
I love the formatting, and I love the phrase "static dream." This is beautiful. Keep it up! D

Christine
La Gitane chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
Ooh, brilliant. These send little shivers down the spine - probably helped by the 's.t.a.t.i.c d.r.e.a.m.s', which are written incredibly well and cleverly. The sentiment in this poem is so stark - to me at least it seemed to be yearning to escape a sense of claustrophobia, and the atmosphere of the poem is excellent.

I have a feeling I'm throwing out random words of praise without their making any sense. But I thought this was wonderful.
re x invented chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
this is beautiful, explicit in a way.

x3 i like it x3
Lyn Kinsei chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
I liked that. It was really nice. I hope to read more of your works later!Aimee
Jezsh chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
wow what a lovely piece! It's so haunting and delicate. I liked the way you described the graves a lot, because it was more gentle/haunting than disgusting which suited the piece a lot, kept to its tone. I guess I really like how the poem appears to travel with the reader and the writer through these dreams , you get the feeling of an out of body experience. Really beautiful work.
angelicdust chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
i luvd da way u left it there...blank... without an ans to da quexstion...wow it was so beautiful! LUVD IT!
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
wow i love the last two lines especially when u used periods between the letters of static, gave it quite an interesting affect great work!

keep writing!
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
i love the line "static dreams," it's so surreal yet there's some realism in it. i love the way it could go both way. nicely done! (and you're officially on my fave list)
crazy dog events chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
I liked this quite a bit. My only suggestion is to do away with the sentance "it's rather repulsive."

You don't need and it feels redundant. The desriptions in the stanza above it are enough to give the impression.

The rest is quite nice, however, and if there's a real reason (one that I am obviously incapable of grasping) to keep that sentance, by all means, do so.

Good work.
Pink Sparrow chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
Oh wow this is so beautiful. I love the imagery and description so much. I really love this. Very good work.
frayedlifeforce chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
wow this was just amazing. i can't say how much i enjoyed this. you created so much imagery and description, and you really got to the heart of the matter. this was just beautifulfantastic work/.
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
beautiful involved down-to-earth tone excellent use of italics & the like. in all a complete sanded down slice of reality for us deprived souls.
bleed gilead chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
fantastic driving imagery, love "i'm tinted with pink hues; dissolving into my skin". but it seems like the second half isn't as focused as the first.
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
Has an interesting tone to it. Great ending