Reviews for The NEW Metamorphosis
Varion chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
uh, not to be the voice of unreason here, but couldn't we have a bit more humor and comedy in the ending, like Shakespeare used to do?

Sure, it's not totally realistic that teh birds will be willing to forgive their mother and become a happy family, but it'd certainly be a little more satisfying and less emotionally stressful for the reader. Maybe I just feel bad for the birdbrained mother. In any case, anything prefaced with 'comedy' had better have a happy ending in my book. I am gravely disappointed(takes up Grim Reaperesque pose by a grave).

Seriously, that'd be the biggest hang up I have with this piece. I wanted to laugh at the end, no be inspired with adolescent angst and parent hatred.
earthsong12 chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
Yay AsA, this is a cute story! I like the three hatchlings personalites. The writing itself seems a bit stiff though. A few things jumped out at me. . ."A solution to her problem came to her, as she ignored. . ." The use of 'as' here seems funny, I'm not sure why. Maybe cause it makes her ignoring them more of the main action? Also, I don't get how this is a solution. Maybe you want "explanation" instead? Another thing, the ending seems very anticlimactic. After weeks of surviving on their own, their mother returns. They face her and. . .she leaves them on their own again.

Sorry if I sound harsh, I do like the plot! Except, the poor fly. . . ! ;_;
Maeniel chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
Great job! I really like how you protrayed the topic-not at all what I expected, but very good despite. Rheannon was a bit two-dimensional, but that's fine for this length. Again awesome job!