Reviews for Anathematic
Heikochen chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
The imagery is very successful, especially the last 4 lines. (And the last line especially really did it for me!) Also, I like how you put together phrases that are more unique than usual, like "lenz's we might quench ourselves", and "sedate music at each crossing". The second line of the poem (we were everybody else), and in fact the work as a whole reminds me of Coma White; I get similar images from this poem and from that song. This is definitely my favorite of your works.
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
I really, really like this. "I finally lost my heart, don't say a word, we all know that it's all a quiet work of art." Incredible. I also like the way it seemed to shift between different pictures and scenes, which is something I am trying to do in my writing. It reminds me of film; I went to a convention for broadcast journalism, and they spent a lot of time talking about how the eye doesn't pan. It focuses on specific images, shot by shot, and so should the camera. And writing.

Sorry about that tangent, i know you don't care...but your poem made me think of that. It was quite lovely.
eighteen hundred chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
The first two stanzas were amazing; the whole piece was wonderful to read. I love your work.
balance chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
i really, really enjoy your works.