Reviews for Music
mate.feed.kill.repeat chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
Wow.

I thought when I clicked the thing that I was going to get another pathetic "pity me" poem (found way too many of them already) but I was really happy when I found out that I had FINALLY found one that was worth reading!

So cheers for a strong, moving piece.

"Dance through a world of music

move to the rhythms

Spin, dip

Bend, slip"

Strong. Fresh. Metaphoric. Abstract.

Not too many times you can find something that's so strong and to the point that it's abstract but it blends so perfectly its ... indescribable.

And yes, silver is a great color.

-stixerz-
Lady of Spring Rain chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
Incredibal poem. I love the feel of it. Real smooth and watery feeling...oh and thank you for reviewing my story...er poem :)
SirenThird chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
The first half of the poem doesn't quite seem to match the second half. (Half to be taken literally, as in the middle of the third stanza)That being said, once I got to the second half I really liked this poem and the contrast, even if it makes the poem seem a bit stilted, makes it sort of like actual music. The first half is sort of slow, with little rhyming and the second fast is quick with a sort of almost bouncy rhyme first stanza feels a bit abrupt, and I wonder why there is a comma after "Violent" if it is a line by itself. I tried reading it slower and it seemed to work better. Maybe there's a way for you to show that it should be read slowly?

Right, so I'm going to stop rattling on now./flees
lady moonlight chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
I like this one because I really,really, really love music. This peom move throught its stage's like water, smooth and sub dued. I will say this was amazing and will move on to another peom.
Smoky Bear chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
great flow in this, and it relects the spectacular concept... music is the essence of life and it's captured beautifully here.
SeaVoi chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
The rhythm of this really adds, lol, you know this poem makes me want to jump out of my seat dance around and wait for someone to go “what the…” lol.
polka dots and addictions chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
I really like the inconsistancies of this poem (the verses). "Dance through a world of music"...thatline is brilliant. keep writing!

_beXie_
Black Star4 chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
...I can't help wishing there were music to this, on . It would be an awesome song. It's not my style, but that's why I like it. It's different, original, if you will. And oh so true when you read it without trying to pick it apart. 5 of 5 *'s girl. (BYTW: Read your profile. You and I seem to have the same policy on reviews. _~)
A Midsummer Nights Sacrifice chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
I really like thsi the only thing is the rhym sceme doesn't really match... But i wuffle the poem anywhay
Kitsune gone insane chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
me like! i play the clarinet and i am learning mellophone (marching french horn)anyway! nice poem! thanks for reviewing mine..
bemused scribbler chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
ok, i really like this one. the end is so perfect, it has a nice flow to it. i also enjoyed the part about water, i think it works really well. _
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
Lovely work, I have a couple pieces on music myself. I love how you addressed and captured both ends of the spectrum very well and yet with so few words. You are officially on my favorite authors list.
GetBehindMeSatan chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
Oh, this is lovely! I'm in love with all of the poem's about music- the ones I've read can always capture the feeling of music so beautifully, and your's is no exeption.

Eyah. I particularly love the verse that begins with 'Dance through a world of music'.

Though, the second verse, I didn't quite get it. -.-

What do you mean by "Some of it the smooth fall" ? It was slightly confusing- to me anyway, but it might be because I'm in my dense mood. _; I apoligise if it makes sense to everyone but me, heh.

...Anyway, your writing is beautiful, and please, do continue.

Best of Luck in all of your writing,

Channa
CrazyTwist chapter 1 . 3/7/2006
Interesting metaphor, and a really moody and atmospheric piece.
Vyvyan chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
I have many times tried to write about music, yet I can't ever seem to get it right; it's never enough. Your poem here though, is magnificent. Very well done.