Reviews for first world kids
a theoretic revolution chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
i especially love parts ii and iv. definitely will be re-reading this again. the last line is very powerful.
Kate Marshall chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
Have I mentioned your pen name is amazing?

"but then i watch the National Geographic channel & they don't look lik they've received it." I like this line the best because it's true, for one, and because it emphasizes the whole "we're spoiled" theme. The tone is useful - it's sort of innocent and unaware.
Leaving Here chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
wow. this is great. you really did 'tell it like it is' i really, really like this! its great! i agree fully with the author notes. it is definitly better than it was when we all lived in the prairees. but we have gotten somewhat self centered. i think about it all the time when i tell yell at my parents and i think 'well, atleast i do have parents' but... i guess if you didn't know your suppose to have three/four pair of pants and a bunch of shirts and you didn't know that your suppose to have food more than once a day... i guess than you wouldn't feel a loss when you don't get the extra stuff. i don't know if i explained that rite but oh wel... i hoped it helped atleast a for sharing this with the should think about getting it published.

~Liz
Atelophobia chapter 1 . 4/28/2006
Hello Melly. (: I like this, it's so true. & your writings pwn. -adds to favourite stories list.
dollface and her cancer chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
What can I say?Thank god you're back.
KonekOniko chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
Sure, we're getting more intelligent (technology-wise), but what are we giving up? If you ask me, I'd rather be living in feudal China with barely any technological advancement. Heh...ALL girls have weight issues, which sucks because when you look from another person's eyes, you don't think the same thing. Heh...I'd continue ranting for years about this poem because I just love it. You have such a talent for writing, I swear. It's brutal in a choppy way, yet...it's gorgeous. )
are you from mejico chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Heh. poetry is a wonderful expressional thing, supposedly. This is like fuck you in four parts and many words. people aren't getting smarter, they just get drugs easier and have more communication.
crinkled aster ribbon chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
wonderfully sincere.
bleed gilead chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
angry and smart. the ending is perfect. i love that you split it up in sections instead of trying to juxtapose them against each other; it fits with the jagged flow of the piece.
Leonines Ishiko Fauxville chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
This is impassioned, hurting, begging, and grateful, and there is something about (i) that makes me weep and think.

XD, something bizarre: when i saw straw, I thought you were making reference to third world nations that rely on materials primitive! XD now, of course, I see better..
a lonely september chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
it's a good thing they're smart, but i'm stupid, so.. yeah. makes me feel pathetic. weightissues. hellyes. this was a good poem.
star chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
'Zaire' doesn't rhyme with 'care'!
acccountkiller chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Aw, you make me feel bad about myself, mind you it did cross my mind I was being an ungrateful bitch last time I pushed away my plate during lunch...why don't all supermodels come from ethiopia or the like? Very harsh, and very true...esh, feeling guilty, but that's not the point really, is it? Love, Mia
myno chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
iv. is fantastic. & they don't look like they've received it. perfection.
forsakensmile chapter 1 . 2/5/2006