Reviews for Bird Cage
AnonomousNotReally chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
great job! i really got the feel of what you were saying. hey, i would bve etstatic of you read and reveiwed my story, Home for the Normal Impaired. I dont want to seem like i'm fishing for reviews of anything. Great job!
snowbunny44 chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
I used to read your stories ages ago, and I always loved them, so today I decided to see if your account had anything new posted, and I realized that I had never read this story. Beautiful stuff! I hope you get a publisher soon.
We Used To Wait chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
WHat? no way. m. soo sad. the boy got shot? you're so cruel. who cares about the girl? the boy GOT SHOT. idiot girl.

and she never really is freed in the end. . . right? she still seems trapped. but then again, i really don't care for her.

so good, this one-shot.

love your stories. :)
The Dumbing Down Of Love chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
I'm amazed that you DON'T like your other pieces, they're all genius. And I think the phrase is "carpe diem", not carpe dium. But I could be wrong. I just saw it that way somewhere else.
luv me like no other chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Wow, I could definitely see where the "royalty" fit into this. What a sad ending though. Nice job!
muzikall chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
By the way, carpe diEm (not diUm) means "seize the day," not "live for the day."
child of a pineapple chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
Oh...I liked this.
emptyword chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
A bittersweet piece with some lovely descriptions. I do wish there was some more introspection, but that's just my preference.
bfoundwanting chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
one word. intense. so incredibly intense.

Royalty is understood, yet hated. Sympathized with, yet you want to grab her buy the shoulders and shake her.

Intense. Extremely Intense.
miss understanding chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
I like how the prison reference refers to the title. _ Ah, symbolism is your friend.

Why is she acting so guilty? Is she not supposed to be meeting this man? I wonder who he is. He gives off the whole negative vibe feeling what with blending into the darkness and all.

Carpe Dium - should be "Carpe Diem". It translates as "Sieze the day" but it literally means "pluck the day". Who knew?

They're planning a break-out, eh?

"He handed me the candle, made to the yellow bars that seemed browner, darker, beneath moon-light"

This sentence doesn't really make sense. You might want to rework it. It's no big deal. -

"Pietro Dominci, what will your mother say when she finds out you've been stealing?"

XD That's too funny.

Here, you've used "made" twice with the same meaning: "made through the gate" "made towards him".

At the risk of over-repetition, I'd probably change it.

"round hats bent over steely glasses of mulled wine" - very descriptive. Good vocab.

This is so weird. It's surreal, like something out of a dream (or nightmare). And Kallina - she seems so . . . different. Is she a girl playing Cinderella for a night?

"There was no malice in his tone; nonetheless, it stung" - I think we all feel this way. He seems hurt and knowing of that pain can hurt more than any strings of barbed curses could.

ululated - I really, really like this word. _

What the hell? Who are these people? Why do they have guns?

Why doesn't she seem to care? That epiphany she recieved - it made her cold and . . . well, dark. Or maybe she realized that was who she was all along.

Not a very happy ending, but I suppose we all need a damper once in a while. Good job - great, even. Just watch your sentence construct. _

xchoco
Kiyura chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
Wow...okay...SO good. SO GOD. This is really really awesome, and the ending just...cut me up. No other way to describe it. Brilliant. You should have won.

Heart.
bulletproof.cupid chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
the ending just left my mouth ope. i'm sure if my skin was more elastic, it would be grazing the carpet just about now.

you are good, darling. real good. makes me wish i had your talent and ability. i mean shit, you're only what, 14? holy shit, indeed. you should have won. eep.

right. i'm going to read more by you. i've got catharsis on my favs for i dont know, a moth or two now and i still haven't been able to read it. school and all that shit- just sucks the life out of you. eh.

keep writing, dear, and i'll keep getting blown away.

aiur chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
*shakes head* ... you know what i think about this. fucking brilliant. better than i would have written it. *pauses* ... um. girl. i have a prediction. you're gonna be so popular on this site soon. they can only ignore such talent for so long. *hugs* ... everything i do, love, i do it for a reason. & i do it because you mean that much to me. if you're right, & i really don't care, i wouldn't bother. i'd let you go. but i won't & i refuse to. when i hurt you it kills me i cried so hard but i really believe i'm doing the right thing & i can only pray you'll eventaully forgive me. please just think about it for a little. & remember i'm still there holding your hand, whether you remember when you wake or not.

um. check my poetry account. something's there for you. also, you're on my favourite author list. the only one up. okay? please believe in yourself. you deserve to. i do love you. & i know i'm a liar. but i try not to. i really do. i shall stop now. love you.

kait
toxic-noodle725 chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
wel...pretty much speechless at this point.(thats a good thing.)u kept me guessing throught the whole chapter.i loved ur descriptions. they gave it a foriegn feel. update soon.
The Big Pimpin Pimple chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
Agh! that was so good, omg it was mind blowingly awesomeness...i'm sry i can't think of a more inteeligent compliment for this, and the ending so...amzing, beautiful and realistice I love it, no wonder you liked this story it is amazing.