Reviews for Essentially un Explained
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
I like this a lot.. the whole captivity thing is awesome and i love the knife thing too
deepdown chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
beautiful in the most bitter way imaginable. you dragged me into your life with words... pure mastery. i feel like i know you, but of course i dont.
pretty sailor soldier chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
heyy.. that was soo cool..

ps: thanx for the review
fearturing chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
I really like this the imagery is powerful and the whole poem is very emotional :)
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
"hate the place I grew up in because it only recognizes the personthat I used to be, rather then who I have become!"

This line sticks out to me in particular, perhaps because of the double life I lead between who I am and who this city wants me to be.

To me, that line was what this poem was about-when you were a teenager, discovering being a woman; growing up, being in a car accident. Things that made you who you are right now; someone who has a strong sense for the end and doesn't call her father dad anymore.

I could be wrong, but oh well. I still like this.
gold against the soul chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
This is full of wisdom and experience, and I love the way that it's like prose, because it makes it more like a chain of memories. I like the progression as well, of emotion as well as time, the way it starts off nostalgic, then gets sad, then bitter and angry and finally almost resigned. I don't know if it was meant to be like that, but that's the way I read it. Love it, as ever.

- gold against the soul
account not in use chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
I don't exactly love this, but it's not because I odn't like it. It frightens me, honestly. Because you hit on things that I think we all think about, and wonder about, skitter around. Afraid.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
wow...i'm taken away. breathless. not a single word wasted. it was just so beautiful and powerful. I'm in awe. nice job!
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
Oh wow, this poem literally left me speechless. It had so many stories,memories,emotions,images all blended together to provide this perfect mix. I like how this poem makes you read between the lines to try and find the real message.

EB
Choke on this chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
like the story of your life. gorgeous. love the part about war:"I hate war (the thick masculinity and dollar signs that fuel it)"right on!
Neteri Bennu chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
Wow you are the best writer i have had the pleasure to sample their writng, and i must say that you are an amazing person and that i have the utmost respect for you. Also i admire your firery passion for writing. I hope that we may someday be able to meet each other, i would love to talk, thanks so much!

Thinking of you, today, forever, and always, Neteri Bennu.
a lonely september chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
wow. this was long and so beautifully written, tells a gorgeous story. all your writing just sucks you in and i love it.
BJ Worth chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
I found this poem to be very open and honest, and very well worded. Nice job.
thursdays and rain chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
beautiful*
Aella88 chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
I love your poetry. I can usually grasp most poetry easily...but your poetry makes me think about each and every word and each and every line...It's beautiful. I especially love this poem and the meaning behind it.