Reviews for Opium
emptyword chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Yowzers, that is poignant and painful! One accusation flung right after the next, all mixed up with a vague sense of despair and maybe a hint of pity. An incredibly cynical viewpoint to take, to be sure.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
what citrus scented said and more, this was ust ... jesus, I can find no words.

* Noelle
Ellerfru chapter 1 . 4/29/2006
Wow... This is from a very raw, cruel point of view, but that's what makes the poem so interesting.
mezzie chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
last verse is really really extra goodness : )

mezzie
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
wow.. very pwoerful and creepy.. but relaly well writtn.. i like the random burts of creative format.. nice job
Seras Nova chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Oh! You played with words art a bit in this poem! You have grown so much in your writing abilities since I first met you on here.

Please keep writing sweetie.

-Seras
citrus scented chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
wow...this is a bitter raw passionate bag of action. sex drugs and rock n roll...this just has it all! the images and descriptions so gritty and vivid, its not creepy at all, well it is because of her lifestyle...but no i think it works from a girls point of view aswell; as if they're watching this girl destroy herself. "You left a trail of dust and contempt behindFor all the bad boys to find"- love the subtle rymthes, and this line in particular rocks because of the ever so subtle refrence to fairy tales and all that...giving it that perfect twisted edge to it all.

"And your thighs are bruisedAnd you’re not fooling anyone"...thats so harsh and brutal; it works really powerfully. and the ending is magnificant too...so yeah overall very dark, absorbing, mesmorising and wickedly put together poem.

ps. thanks for your review...i cant believe you read it all in one sitting! Im very flattered; thanks.
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
Wow... I love when people get out of their own POV and jump into someone elses, its what writers do right?

You did a fabulous job of creeping me out and wanting to hold the girl this is about and say something more than this man beating her down. Great piece of writing.

Dark and creative imagery and perfect flow of the piece. It didnt end awkward *smile* bravo to you!

Sarah
Heather Montgomery chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
very powerful. great job!
Fae chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Wow... Mia... this is AWESOME. I love it. You did a great job with the freestyle... and it's so different from your other poems, it proves that you can write amazingly at ANYTHING you try. It's very strong.. the feeling comes off very intense and resentful and hurt beneath that. And it paints the picture of TWO people - the author and the one he's talking about, so awesome job! I really love these lines: "Now you’re trying to put innocent eyes back onBut your dress is tornAnd your thighs are bruisedAnd you’re not fooling anyone"
Dee Dub chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Very passionate and sincere. I love it.
Birdaloo chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
dear lord baby. i havent read anything of yours in what feels like years... but this is BREATHTAKING! so freaking raw and REALLY ravenous. beautifully done darling. freaking impressed. REALLY really amazing.