Reviews for Bless this Mess of Me
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
this sort of reminds me of when i was younger and my parents disapproved of the way i always read books and never talked to anyone because i would rather live the neatly plotted stories of novels than the dull one i had full of dull characters who talked too much and never said anything worth hearing.

great expectations was and is a tad disappointing. but that's ok- i like you too.

lol.
poet tree chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
love the summary on this one.

it's interesting how you insert random internal rhymes here and there; it really adds to the general flow of the poem in a nicely choppy way

i tried to read charles dickens once and failed miserably. bor-ing. (at least to me)

i have a neon green rain coat. it is pretty dang wicked.
bright horizon splash chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
excellent poem. i love "pale is the new tan." there's a shirt like that, too.
boys kiss girls chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
I love the dog tags line. I love this poem. I like you style a lot. (Panic! At the Disco to!)
Sunami Silverblade chapter 1 . 2/24/2006
Amazing. I love the word choices, the flow, the creativity put into this piece.

_ Nice work!

(And THANK YOU for so many of your wonderful reviews!)
S0ulSearching chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Great job, I especially liked "Violence takes energy, with combative pensAnd overzealous thoughts, modesty isJust a polite way to brag (to make us twist andgag)"so it up.-pammy-x3
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
i love this! its so well written, just beautiful.
It Sounds Horrible chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
haha combative pens. I like your take on the title of that horrid book (well maybe not horrid, but dreadful). I love the part in italics. I like this one...alot.
a lonely september chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
wow. this was writting quite differently, but i liked it. nice job.
none of burt's beeswax chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
I probably didn't catch all the references to Charles Dickens because I've never read anything by him, but this poem was greatgreatgreat (sorry, I'm going through a third one's a charm phase). I think the line that stuck out the most in my mind was "modesty is/just a polite way to brag" because, god, that is so true-people always want to know too much and when you say too little, it only gets you more attention (or at least, that's what I've found anyway). I loved the part in italics. And the idea of paper-cut eyes that don't bleed.
FunkyFlower chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
pretty cool. i liked the second verse but to be honest, this one didn't really strike me as good as your others. great ending though, keep writing,

mez
White Tea and Ginger chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
Seriously great writing here, it's very unique. I love this part; 'pale is the new tan)/And sex is the new love'- that's brilliant. I love the italicized bit too, it made me think. And I love the idea of modesty being a polite way to brag.

You're very talented. Keep writing.
in theory chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
Dickens is one of the impenetrable and irrelevants. He doesn't matter just as much as his work is revered; it depends which you believe. Dull scissors; that line was refreshing. And the personal air this contains leaks into me, and I agree that sex is becoming the new love. Perhaps it always has been, but it's only now emerging. Peace.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
i love this. it's really abstract. i'm all for abstract poetry. the metaphors were creative so nice job!
mercury.love chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
"(pale is the new tan)/And sex is the new love" M yes, that line will stick with me for a while. I adored all of it. Another lovely one!