Reviews for Fork
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
hahaha, so I take it you don't know how to use chopsticks? That is like unacceptable in Asia!

I thought this was cute. When I come back to the states it's always amusing to hear what people think of China, or any other forien country and tell stories.
DarkBlysse chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
The first three lines are awesome. I love that way of seeing things.
Needa S chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
Funny. Btw... I'm not discriminatiing against anyone. I understand everyone has their own beliefs. All my work is based on mine. Sorry if I offended ya. Keep up the good word.
Proudly Modest too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
This is a belated review, i know, but heck. why not. i liked the poem a lot, it was funny, and just a bit of nitpicking here, but the Chinese don't actually clean their plates, they leave a bit. If someone's plate is empty, the host refills it. It's impolite if someone clears their plate and has it left like that. and i don't know why the heck i remember that, seeing as how i've never and probably never will be in China...
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
shorter than usual, but still great
Farran chapter 1 . 3/7/2006
Kinda sweet. The learnining the language to be politicaly correct. The sticking with a fork lie is realy clever.
Sarah Rizal chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
This is a good one haha sort off. If i were you, yes i would choose the fork too. )
rest assured chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
I love it. It's kind of funny that it's about forks and chopsticks, something pretty simple, but I kind of see it as symbolic for the greater part of the difference between Americans and Asians, or really the difference between any two cultures. Wonderful.
Wither Away chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
So, this is cool, in a weird sort of way. I dunno what else to say. I really like it, though.

Thanks for the review. Thought I'd say that I find it funny that you said that it's off that I compared love to suicide... If you knew about my relationship with my boyfriend you'd understand.

Hm... Feel free to email me at . I like talking to new people.
Disturbing Enigma chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Hehe, love it. "Try to learn a language in under five minutes." Awesome line!
SarahJaneDrkAngl05 chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
cool i like this one. have you ever tried eating with chop sticks lol? once you get the hang of it its pretty easy (but faster with a fork lol)
mostly water chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
Absolutely amazing. You write so well Damn you P x
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
-Cheek to cheek / is / freak to freak;- I don't know why I like those lines so much.

-silent conversation/ the/ quiet/ of me/ and/ you.- "Silent conversation" I love that. People think of silence at dinner as "awkward." Especially if they're out on a date; it supposedly means you have nothing in common and don't know what the hell to talk about. It's seen as a bad thing. But "silent conversation" makes it seem the exact opposite. I just love that.

-Pick the plate clean, / swirl my fingers / across the design on the table- I like the images I get of "You" here, but I'm confused about the "pick the plate clean." "You" don't really pick it clean if you bite your lip a little later on and talk about being so hungry. And plus, that "pick the plate clean" line was pretty much used just a few lines above; the only difference being "his" instead of "the."

-try to learn/ a language in under five minutes- Like some of your other reviewers, I really like these lines.

-I bite my lip; / too hungry, / I think / I’ll just stick with forks.- Hilarious.

I thorougly enjoyed this poem. This is the kind of format/style that I like the most; much more so than the type you use in "Silver Spoon." This poem made me smile; although, I guess, if you really look at it and analyze, you can find hidden meanings in the simple situation ... but who wants to analyze? I have to think enough at school.

I do like that this poem had a much lighter tone to it than some of your others, which tend to get very heavy at times. It's nice to switch it up a bit from time to time.

Nice job.
dollface and her cancer chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Quick, popculture burst of poetry that's simply charming.
Nothing Profound chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
This made me smile. I like the way you illustrate political correctness through something so simple. Nice.
38 | Page 1 .. Last Next »