Reviews for Hamlet
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
Interesting; I've had a love affair with Hamlet since I was a kid and I found an old vinyl recording of Lawrence Olivier from the movie version made in the thirties. That, and I'm Danish.

This sounds off to me, maybe because I love the story so much but I could tell that a girl was writing it. Like the language was so effeminate and strange while thinking of Hamlet - I can't even imagine Hamlet in a setting where he could be sitting in front of a fire eating chocolate covered strawberries - it feels bitter when I put it all together.

The dreaming aspect was interesting; afraid to sleep, reminds me off: "To sleep perchance to dream" and I agree with the idea that dreams, in themselves, can be haunting, like a ghost in another form.

So, it was interesting, to say the least - Hamlet is one of my favorite works of literature and my allegiance might be too unusually high to read and review this properly, but it was an interesting take on it. Keep up the good work.

Juliet.
Shinyfighter chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
wow is all that i can say. i haven't been on this site for a while and it's quite refreshing to read your work because it's always so unique and imaginative. Great work as always.
RingWraith14 chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
I loved this poem, i like all the Comparisons u made, i like how i can relate to this poem, very very excellent ;D
Needa S chapter 1 . 3/21/2006
It gives the reader a cheery feeling, but then it ends with uneasy feeling, or so thats what I got out of it. Awesome write just the same.
A Face Worth Remembering chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
Yay! I fixed my computer!

Anyway, now that I can review again...I really like this. It's not your best, but its really good
gnimrodd chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
i really like this. especially the strawberries and the snowstorm.. i want spring and winter all at once- blankets and fire with birds chirping spring coming.. ha, reviews that don't make sense, my favorite kind. well done. :)
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
wow, lovely and meaningful, i've actually never read Hamlet (yes i know, the CRIME
Sacred-Phoenix-Nephthys chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
Hey, this was really good...i liked the warmth it gave me, lol..if that made sense...thanks 4 reviewing my stuff...and the nice comments u gave_ U are truly one of the best writers on this site...no joke...so keep writing_
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
so small the choices that we make each day,

accumulating like white flakes on brown,

a coverlet that imperceptibly,

surrounds our daily life without warning,—

so softly it crept upon our shoulders,

in increments of moments that were days,

a tip-toe passage through our memory,

reveals we didn't notice their descent,—

yet I know that others have felt this too,

this feeling that life insulates our soul,

with bindings of a steel we cannot break,

that isolate each one of us to Self,—

¿what hope have we, but to call Sun in Faith,

to melt these glaciers that have formed inside,

while life's inscrutable storms have raged on?

for Spring's beginnings leads to Summer's warmth.

p.s. i really like this poem of yours. sorry it took so long to review it. please write more. m
D'Haran Lord chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
It is easy to lose myself in your poems, I love that they create a whole other world. Keep it up!
arcane devices chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
I enjoyed your diction on this piece. - ADD-san
queenvixta chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
This is brilliant, great work. So beautiful. Well done! V x
lost-in-rhapsody chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
beautiful simile, hamlet was well incorporated into your poem! i love the feelings of comfort you give the reader by saying "eating chocolate covered strawberries," and "snuggling by the fire" but then you bring to point good things don't last...i really enjoyed reading your poem!
hiding behind amber eyes chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
i didnt really like the strawberries thing...that didn't seem to fit to me. idk maybe cuz its late lol but i like the rest awesome job keep writing!
lackluster chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
i love the beginning. it paints a pretty picture. sad but pretty.