Reviews for Antique
Ryan Schiff chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
Not a great poem, but overall not bad. I like the repitition and how you had a few nonconventional, forced rhymes (in many of your other poems, you seem to use flat, common rhyming words that you would find in children's books and the like). The only thing I didn't like is the bit in the last stanza, where you loose the repitition. It breaks the rhythm. Also, whalst this poem has its merrits, it has very little description. The use of more visual imagery instead of just naming the objects, or assisiating the actual emotions you feel, would make this poem more three-dimentional.
hear me smile chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
I couldn't agree more. We can't let our history and heritage disappear.("Antiques are things the wise hold on to" describes this perfectly) Thank you so much for this poem.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
(Antiques are things the wise hold on to.) I love the wisdom that comes from that - so truthful! I used to collect old black and white photographs because it seemed so hurtful that someone (who‘s family they belonged to) would just give them away or sell them. Antiques always have character and depth no matter what they are.

Much love,Juliet.
in theory chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
This is so warmandfuzzy, like nostalgia. It makes me want to cling to everything I own and refuse anyone to look at it lol.
citrus scented chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
ahh nostalgia...i love this, its so unique. really beautiful and sepia stained quality to it, i like the format- the one line "antique" works wonderfully. "Broken clutter of affections"- love that line too. wicked poem.
Casandre chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Another one of your amazing poems... seriously, this poem brings such wonderful, dusty images to my mind - beautiful in every way. You ended it really well too. Well done! My favourite line was 'Broken clutter of affections' - it rings so true.
LauraKM chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Nice, i like the repetition in this, very true sentiments.
elvenstorm chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Interesting idea, like the choice of words really helped the atmosphere of the poem. Well done x
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
I'm delighted. 'broken clutter of affections' is a perfect way to describe antiques. Keep writing
Jezsh chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
I love the tone you used. The whole piece just places me into a junk shop, in the midst of antiques! Something about it seems really unique. I adore how it rhymes.
Evul Buddha chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
Hey i really like this one, its true that we should hold on to things to remind us of our pasts, it flows really well and the message is clear, i like it keep it up