Reviews for Lady of Shadows
account not in use chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
oh.
Plastic Roses Never Die chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
muahaha i can taste this. your use of cliche is becoming cliche, you use it too much, 'tis a good word though, i agree. a few of my favorite lines are "slipped away like another metaphor", "glass humor" "champagne nights and no lids on her pill bottles" fortune cookies are teases
HatredsGirl chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
Aww, I like it. Thanks for the review :)
are you from mejico chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
That was good. Kind of makes me think how I smoke with one of my friends only once every two weeks. My thought process on those days is something to that effect.
in theory chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
I like the choppy signature you have in this, the short length of each thought expresses itself that much more explosively. Nice work.
crinkled aster ribbon chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
love the last line, because it holds so much meaning.
slipping between the seams chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
All the cliche memories, even the ending, and yet it shines like a brand new bicycle I've never ridden. You are a wonder with words, Cousin.
none of burt's beeswax chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
Oh, god, I love the jaded beauty of this all. And even though this could seem a bit like a cliché, it doesn't come off that way at all. The first line just pulls you in, and I loved "backtaste like regret." I feel like she's given up (on everything) so much that she should be live, but something's still getting in the way. I wonder what that is. But, it's perfect the way it is. Mysterious and gone in a second, like the smokey exhale of warm breath into a cold winter's day.
a lonely september chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
i love the personality that you gave her. inspiring.
The Watched chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
...

I love how you manage to get into the minds of these people so quickly...I swear, you must be incredibly compassionate or something, because this, like all your other prose, is amazing. It's so short, and yet somehow, that's the best thing about it: the story itself is cut short, like the story of the character...it works incredibly well, basically.
re x invented chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
i absolutely adore your style. it's vague and yet emotional, a beautiful read as always.

/Champagne nights and no lids on her pill bottles, she’d always lived a cliché./

your lines give me chills, the way you express your thoughts is absolutely amazing. so tragicbeautiful.

never stop writing, and i can't wait for another update...
For Absent Friends chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Absolutely stunning. I especially liked "The smoke leaked out between chapped lips, slipped away from her like another metaphor."
notACTUALLYwriting chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Throw away your life, baby, because we're all dying anyway.

I liked it.