Reviews for The devil and me
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 34 . 7/7/2011
wow, this has got to be one of the weirdest things i've ever read, completely surreal ) i must say i enjoy your writing-style and the uniqueness of the plot. maybe it was a bit choppy in the end, or maybe i'm just tired out of my mind p anyways, thank you very much for posting, it sure was an interesting read!
mia aurora chapter 34 . 3/5/2011
the last line...)

great story !
Seph Meadowes chapter 34 . 1/6/2011
Fantastic story. The story and characters were very entertaining. This deserves to be published, seriously. Though I can see those Christian groups not being very supportive. Oy vey.

The last line really stuck to me for some reason. Great job.
SlugHunter chapter 34 . 7/26/2010
so uhm wow... that was really awesome o_0

i love the descriptions everything was very blunt and the images weren't sugar coated? the tone reminds me a bit of Palahniuk so yeah i found it really awesome.

Also liked the consistency of all the characters and ur main character was sorta likable o_0 which i dunno i kinda thought i'd dislike her for being so whiny and maybe that she'd be kinda pathetic, but she has strengh of character and her fatalism is probably well founded XD

so yeah that was awesome to read, thank you for writing and posting it! XD
AJS chapter 34 . 6/11/2010
This is such a weird story, I'm so weirded out. Maybe it's the tone of the entire story, it just seems so passive and lifeless and just like... well I guess a lot like how reality was for Josie, wasn't it? like time is just constantly passing by that there's really no sense of it. Why did Kristen have her killed? I completely forgot about that. And I don't really get why Curtis had to sell her ovaries? Yeah, I guess I was pretty confused about that part.

And the fact that the romance in here is so subtle. I hadn't even realized that Josie and Lucifer were having sex, lol. But it doesn't matter that Curtis came and took her away or not - bottom line was that his family was eating her liver, right? I don't know. How weird. It was like... you could see the relationship between her and Lucifer but it never really seemed very deep. I guess to her it probably wasn't, but that's also why it was shocking about the baby and everything. It's really a tragedy that she couldn't have babies anymore, especially after her experiences with them in the past.

Maybe it's for the better though? That she doesn't drag a baby into this world. Love Josie & Curtis though, and I guess even how subtle it was. I don't know. It was kind of nice.

Weird story, I repeat. I don't even know what to say. I feel like after reading so many chapters in such a tone, I feel a bit passive and like... like I've taken the back-sit to watch things just pass me by as well. Interesting.

- Alyssa
Written chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
I loved this story. read the whole thing in one sitting. it was amaazing, seriously. a lot of it was a little trippy, the dreams, the babies, and ... there was this very real sense of pain. i dont know, i loved it.
chicagobabe chapter 34 . 10/7/2009
lolz i loved this story. i cannot wait to read the sequel :)
buznuz1 chapter 34 . 8/27/2009
this is a great story! i loved reading it even though it was a bit confusing at points. btw why did kirsten set the killers onto her (the main character)? also did she ever have any kids and did she and crtis ever get together? so many questions... and i thought coause she wasn't ageing when she worked for him in the begginming why is she so old now? and is curtis still going to live on without her? and does he look young and her old? cause that would be kinda freaky, anyway i LOVE THIS STORY PLZ WRITE MORE!
CaraJoAnn chapter 6 . 8/11/2009
Hiya! Okay, so I've started reading this story, and it's really funny. I love Josie's sarcasm and the way she talks to herself. This chapter was kinda odd, though. I assume that more will be revealed in upcoming chapters. I just wanted to stop in and tell you how much I was enjoying this.
TymCon chapter 11 . 6/30/2009
Hah who dosent enjoy burying stuff under carpet:P Like figurtavely
TymCon chapter 7 . 6/30/2009
Hhahahahaah he reminds mekindave of ray wise:D
TymCon chapter 4 . 6/30/2009
I kinda expected him to be more commanding:P
TymCon chapter 3 . 6/30/2009
This is a really unique storyline! Well i love it anyway:P
Narc chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
I love Death's personality here. It's so unexpected ... death griping about the fact that people are committing suicide. Death is usually portrayed as -wanting- more deaths.

I didn't like that there didn't really seem to be a motive for Death to do what he did. I mean, I get that it's a humorous piece, but why him? I felt like there should have been a reason for him deciding to give this guy a new body and make him his secretary.

For the review marathon! (There's a link to it in my profile)
Efreisone chapter 34 . 1/10/2009
That was really beautiful. I read the full story today, (as well as the sequel. You kind of put my life on hold for a few hours) and I was totally floored. Your writing style is completely engrossing, and I liked the way that you made it romantic in a really subtle way. There's a lot of little things that I love about the way Josie thinks, like, "It’s funny, how much more exciting my life has been since it ended."

I've got a few questions... doesn't Josie have friends or other relatives that she might have kept in contact with? Julian and Lilith seem to be her only attachment to her old life.

Why did Kirsten have Josie killed? I really don't understand what happened there. I got the feeling that Lucifer was lying when he told Josie what happened, but I can't really piece it together.
163 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »