Reviews for Sleight of Gods
Lord Monbodo chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Your descriptions were vibrant, but dialogue was sadly lacking.

I suppose that Michael is in love with Godiva. We'll see in the next few chapters if I'm correct.

Despite a clich├ęd premise this story appears to have great potential. Although I am confused; if only earth and the fleet were destroyed, how can they be the last two?
biminator chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
hmm. I've seen this before...

Oh, right. Stargate. That's what I'm thinking of with the whole aliens the gods bit.

Not to mention the fact that "You guys are the only survivors" has been used so many times (including several times on FP I've noted) that it begins to get bothersome.

The character of Godiva is fairly original, and although the strong, profane, leader archetype is oft-used, you do manage to put a new twist on it.

However, Michael is your standard cowardly/weak scientist fellow who could easily get his ass kicked but has all of the brilliant ideas.

I do like the Bible connections. That's fairly original.

Overall, I give this a 2 out of 4. Not your best work.
April Hammer chapter 5 . 3/16/2006
YAY! Chapter five! Finally! :D It's very good, I like it! I do NOT like David, nor do I prefer Denala very much. It's Godiva's ship! Let her have her damn chair! lol.

Anyway, I hope you write more of this. It's really good, and I hope you get more reviews, 'cause it's too good not to get some! .
April Hammer chapter 4 . 2/22/2006
This is certainly interesting! Michael took quite a blow with the rejection, there. We're also seeing Godiva showing her more playful side, I suppose? She's got two extremely polar opposite attitudes! I guess that makes things very interesting!

The way Vanessa's acting almost makes it seem like she's part of a cult! That's one creepy pep talk! Though it was very colorful! .

I can't wait to see what Godiva and Michael end up getting into with this whole war thing. And I wonder what'll become of Vanessa's officers in the Phoenix! JEEZ! Way to leave me on a cliffhanger! Haha! This is great...! I hope you're working on chapter 5! :D
April Hammer chapter 3 . 2/20/2006
Ohh... I'm hooked.

You've done a great job with your characters, I must say, and a great twist with Ensign Lat. I like Vanessa's domineering attitude - very interesting. I'd hate to see what her or Godiva would do to a girl who's more of a damsel-type!

Anyway, I hope to see chapter four soon! Keep the good stuff up!
April Hammer chapter 2 . 2/20/2006
Aw! Poor Michael! I just wanna hug him so tight and say it's okay! :(

It's strangely believable, in that unbelievable yet oddly common way, the way that he feels about Godiva and how it started. Good job!

I hope that Vanessa comes out on top in the later chapters! I really like her! She's so cool... her and Godiva both don't want to take crap from anyone, and that's making things very interesting, thus far...

Oh, and one last thing before I wrap this up; I especially like the way that this chapter is more sentimentally and emotinally introducing the characters rather than physically, like the last one. It's like, we're getting to see the next dimension of everyone before we get uninterested.

All in all, this is looking to be a very interesting story... I think I'mma go read chapter three now!
April Hammer chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
Goodness, you're a long-chapter writer! Hehe!

I must say, this is the first piece of fiction in the sci-fi category that I've read on FP, and it's very good. The plot you've built so far is very intriguing. Godiva is funny and very irritating, and I like Michael. He seems kinda wimpy, but I like him anyway! And I like Vanessa, too! I gotta find time to read your second chapter...!