Reviews for birth of a goddess
Kate Marshall chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
Clever and entertaining. It might have just made my day. :)
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
I love the power in this, and the pride that permeates the poem.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
it's time dragon came out of chrysalis,—

so long temerity has ruled with ease,

yet now i think that change is in the air,

for belching sulfur and pitchforks are seen,

and little demons red gleefully play.

it's time that something new replaced routine,

grown old and dull, with bones of chalk worn down,

so that each step, without a cane, comes slow,

eliciting a frown upon crown's brow;

so tedious and painful was snail gait.

it's time for witches their sly spells to cast,—

with stormy rains all wood for pyres is wet,

so with impunity they can newts boil,

to make strange broths that will enchant and slave,—

all that in opposition stand in time.
Boadicia chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
With an attitude like that, nothing can stop you.

Awesome poem. :)
a lonely september chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
wow. this is incredible. i know my review won't mean shit, dunno if you even read 'em since this is late as hell, but this is incredible. just thought i'd let you know, cos this rocks and i realy like it. i'm not sure what else to say. it's just written so well, with such awesome voice and it's just really good. . . yeah.
Crimson-Fantasy chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
very nice i love how you adressed all the sterotypes with nothing but cold hard confidence overcomeing obstacles and not stepping down to any man or any self-proclaimed officail; and how you slid pieces of what could even by your real personality to the charictor giving sense of humanity to go along with the stone cold rebel-Kudos
forsakensmile chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
I love this. The rebellion is just so delicious.
are you from mejico chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
The second to last made me like it. So I re-read it. The bit about the pushing down rising again made me think of a pheonix. That was a point I wanted to stop reading. Still. After a bit I cheated and I went to your profile. it says you're singaporean. asian pride. yay. I think I'd be the girl with peroxide though. fun.
thursdays and rain chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
& i'll be your one-'girl' cheering squad any day c: beautifully written & with a hint of sarcasm & humour..
Aimee Raven chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
Lol, very angry, very convincing and intimidating! Go you! I like it...good job! And you are right to have this sort of attitude...! Love,Mia
just a teardrop chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
wow! i really like this. some very fiery phrases 'Back off, you bastard, I tell you.' etc. very nice!
Ohmm chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
Oh, I like this. Some of the phrasing's a bit awkward and all, but what's really amusing and memorable is the unique persona, the wholly funny HEYLOSER attitude.

You're that goddess, and you go, girl!