Reviews for Chains
Rio Aleka chapter 1 . 3/15/2004
that was wonderful. great job. good imagry!
Wrathful Diana chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
This poem, it makes a painting in my mind, the elegant phrases form vines of neat print that command my attention and bind me to the words that deceptively dance across my computer. bd
Toki Kibbles _
FairyKun chapter 1 . 4/28/2002
good stuff!
A.J.Peart chapter 1 . 2/26/2002
There we go! This is the last of it...I think. I'll check later, I suppose, but I'm pretty sure that this is it! (just means you're going to have to upload more, if you know what I mean. That rock looks pretty happy with itself out there; I'd hate to ruin it for...it...IF you know what I mean.)

As for the poem, I like the opposites imagery towards the end; even though some isn't direct opposites, they're closer in meaning or feeling, I think. The whole depressing effect with a very downtrodden style of being down right dark, makes it a shoe-in as a darn good poem in my books (I like pretty much anything that's depressing!).

Well, 6:11am, didn't take me that long after all...though I'm not totally done yet.

I'll give it five really big exclaimation points, bigger than the last bunch, jack-and-the-beanstalk kinda big!

!

(As a side note, despite the fact that I could have mentioned it earlier, I decided to wait until the last review to say anything about it. I found your review of "In Silence," and it dawned on me that I was wandering whether you'd read that or not. Honestly, I think that's the best story in my collection and I'm glad that it's getting read, even though it's not obvious as to how often it is, however...anyway, that story usually get's people a little emotional; most of the people I know who have read it have gotten all teary-eyed on me and wanted to give me a hug, which is why I think it's my best. I tend to judge a story based on the emotional response it envokes. As for the names of charadters, the only one that's close is Jim, and that wasn't even the main character's name...I don't think...its' been awhile. The characters are based on real people, but the names aren't. Just thought I'd point that out, since you asked an all. Wow, that's a long side note...)

6:17am, just enough time to get some sleep before my latin class at 3:30 (provided I don't go to my 9:30 class, which I don't plan on doing, since it's in about 3 hours and I don't want to have to try and operate on two hours of sleep all day...and that's provided I can get to sleep. I'm a bit of an insomniac.)

Whoa! That's long review, and it's mostly yammering about nothing, just like this little bit! I'd better shut up bofore it's too late.

(just ANOTHER side note: you don't have to wory about writing long reviews. The longer the review, and/or the more reviews I have per day brighten them more than if I get the opposite...I guess that makes sense in some way or another. Anyway, the longer the review, however much meaningless yammering there is, the happier I am. I suppose that could explain my own fettish for long, yammering reviews...hmmm, that gives me something to think about as I wrap this review to a close...riiiiaaaghtt here!)

hey, 6:22, I'm on a role. Time to catch some z's!
incupunk when signed in chapter 1 . 2/7/2002
amen sistah [haha]
Meghanna Starsong chapter 1 . 1/31/2002
Eeeek! I luv the second stanza...I can sooooooo relate to that! Beautiful phrasing... You're gonna be a famous poet someday, girl chic! It's no prob about reviewing, if I'm moved, I review. lol. It's simple as that. ;)
AaZz chapter 1 . 12/21/2001
this is my fav
MoshiMoshiQueen chapter 1 . 12/5/2001
Beautiful writing! You uses very strong and beautiful words! I love your poems they are so wonderful!
Dana R. Luder chapter 1 . 11/21/2001
NICE use of language. 'Plethora' - lol, one of my favorite words. Abstract and beautiful, but just...augh, what's the word...I'm gonna have to say...it's just tangible enough to stay grounded. If you can write stories with the same kind of enigmatic, mystic style, while still presenting a strong storyline, you'd be set.
lisa chapter 1 . 5/25/2001
you are very good at writing traditional goth poetry, good for you

dirgus would be proud, what's with the happy ending? happy endings are aggrivating.
Teller chapter 1 . 5/10/2001
_Very_ impressive. Wonderful use of vocabulary; the sunrise/sunset stanza has a beautifully written emotional up-and-down motion to it. One note: first line, second stanza - 'A tear slips out'- I think that 'slips out' is a weak verb phrase, maybe choose a different one? Apart from that, fantastically written, I'm adding this one to my favorites list! :-) Keep up the great work!

Tel
Amaris chapter 1 . 3/26/2001
Ok that's just kinda creepy... Anyways... that's what i read in math class, huh? Well, right happier next time.
Obake chan chapter 1 . 3/17/2001
Oi, I'm saying it again...anyhow, Ilike all the metaphores and stuff in your poem. I can't think of any, and here you are, making up a hundred or so in a period or so. Me envy you...the poem itself is very preeeety. q()p symbol face. Oi, I'm getting off subject. "You" are free now! Go and write summore purty ones! Why am I demanding? I'm off to the next one!
Aoi Beru chapter 1 . 2/18/2001
This is reeeeeeallly good! Em-chan, you *better* put this in our fic book! Hmm...I was thinking of giving you an assignment..but since it's a poem fic anyways, you can just put this for it. Who's this poem suppose to be about? BTW, I really like it! Maybe I'll put it up as one of my faves...