Reviews for Dust of Bones
reach4thesky chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
I really like this. I love the sing-song (but in a good way) rhythm that shows up in a couple stanzas. ("Life is made of these, painful ashen memories" and "These moments define us, they free and confine us"). I also, like a lot of people it seems, like the "I Rebuild" at the end. So optimistic, but so hard!
CynicalValentine98 chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
I wouldn't know anything about rebuillding, much prefer to avoid the whole thing, but I like the poem. Great work.
Moonlight Tigress chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
an amazing piece... full of imaginary and deep thought... i enjoyed reading this...

and while im here, id just like to thankyou. i know it seems strange, but i am.

from the sounds of it, youve made my friend, karone-sakura on here, a lot happier than shes been in a long time. So i thank you.

and please, keep writing these incredible poems...
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Excellent emotion and flow to this. I like the tone of the speaker, as it shifts from a somewhat pessimistic view to one of optimism. Very well written. The message is an important one.
JagerCloud chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
Oh, those last words...they made my heart jump or sink or...I don't know. Whatever it did I loved it!
E. A. Tetje chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
I love it! So very descriptive, I love the contrasts you used too. Good stuff. Bethy
ginnyellen chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
Greatness in a person is defined not by their monetary achievements, or they charm, but the way they come out stronger after a crash down.

"Stumble and fall, is the hard of it all...when you fall down, just try again."

Beautiful poem...you really have talent for this.

Can't wait for your next piece!
Hate In The Form Of Passion chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
Wow. I really don't like this one. And I love your work. This is a shocker to me... I mean... It felt I don't know. Rushed? I didn't feel that spark of amazement when I read this one. I think maybe it's the concept. I don't know.
frayedlifeforce chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
this is beautiful. you wrote this so well - great imagery and everything was just really good. nice work.
Liebchen Rose chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Beautiful love.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
I remain as impressed as usual. I love your work, Matt, but then you knew that already! :)
les petits bateaux chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Interestingly written, I liked the whole concept and the imagery was well-detailed, but the ending was unpredictable as I didn't expect the 'I rebuild' to be there at all. Good job, though.
Hidden Lies chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Wow... can't say anyting else *speechless*
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
the last line fits in so well! i love it. great job!
Music Is Art chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
*sigh*why does that rebuilding have to be so difficult?