Reviews for Main
DarkBlysse chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
I love how you connected the first and last lines together. And this poem was just exquisite in its use of description. And the little pieces in brackets were placed perfectly.

Wonderful work!
R.J. Crosbie chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
i like those prose where they sound so poetic. you're very gifted.
White Tea and Ginger chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Beautiful beautiful beautiful.
none of burt's beeswax chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
This is definitely going on my favorites list, but I'm not sure if I can even explain the beauty in this piece. The imagery is exceedingly strong and I love all the film actor references. The idea behind this is just genius and you paint the picture of this girl so heartbreakingly that it's just splendid.
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
And ripples fade, no?

EB
Lancealot chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
Interesting way to use the descriptive words! Keep it up!
recordingimplosion chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
Oh my god... this is amazing. You just want to keep reading and reading until you're buried in it all, the imagery and ideas and deliciousness of it. I love the putty bit. I love the whole feeling of it. Thanks for writing, B.
diseased-cheekbones chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
... oh my was outstanding! The description, the references... just... speaking: you get a cookie. Big, giant, Doves chocolate-chip cookie (or Godiva, whichever you prefer).

Once again: up the splendid work!

-Anatha
account not in use chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
this was...dedliciously tragic...because we all have that chance but it can be so scary.
Olivine chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
i have seen your name everywhere. i mean it. whether it was someone your reviewed, or if i was just looking at some poetry, or if i was taking a look at someone's favorite's list. you were almost alyways there. except, i never bothered to go and read your work. i'm not sure why, but here i am, now!

wow, this is very pretty. i think you couldve put this whoe thing in verses and ryhmes, but i like the fact that you didnt. it makes me think of it as more poetic, though im not sure why.

i really did like it. awesome job Wintertigress-::-
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
wow so pretty. especially the last line. i love the way that you captivated so many images in this style. truly beautiful!
krystal-jasna chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
I like this..the way you describe her and the I in the story. slightly north of girlhood is a really good way of describing it better than Britney's not a girl, not yet a woman. awesome...:)
in theory chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
Apologies for the delay (I read this as soon as you posted but I was distracted by a very Irish reason)

I like the idea of people being as ripples; part of a wider lake, sometimes smooth and usually not. It's sensual, and appealing...strangling, whatever, I could go on. In fact, I could, so why not. It's as if everybody pushes against one another, not even in harmony, just together. And friction might happen but inevitably progress is made, but not always. I appear to be rambling but it's like that image of water in my mind, clear as well as murky in some places yet undiscovered, it all represents society to me. (being a sociology student even bleedin' bacteria represent cultures and etc, oh don't even get me started)

And the casual way you ease yourself into this, like encompassing every aspect of the woman's persona. The north of womanhood line, fab, it strikes such a balance. Like people in their directions, childhood then North (is like home in my eyes, it's wilder and untamed and usually colder and unexplored) and then you get into east which is middle aged and exotic and voluptuous but only tempting and often ignored by people. And west, the period of being so bored with your life you want to modify it and become younger and less ready for finishing. (in my eyes, the western society is fabricated, at least more so than people without the money to do it. which happens more in eastern areas as a generalisation kinda thing). And south, the lowest part of your cycle, when it all either hits the fan or you accept it and live in sunny paradise for the rest of your days. Ideally. More likely you just get sunburnt and probably get skin cancer, the irony of beauty is everywhere.

I like that part of it a lot, it's so open ended. Could explore that endlessly. Mm, and I sense the influence of your kitties in this? (the kitten line, warmly cute and stuff)

Just watched final destination as I'm writing this, love a good horror/thriller and it reminded me of this so I came back to this review before sending it (I sometimes do that with yours as they send me reeling and I have to gather my thinking together again). The whole point of the story was about ripples, how the actions of one person can affect the "main" body of people, so your title even slots in too. I liked the title btw, it was simple enough but nice and abstract. Tasteful.

With the infamous 'rude poem'...it's too undeveloped? I dunno, it feels *just* rude right now, so needs some more tweaking before I send. And might post too, no point in standing on the 'liberal poets' side of the river if I'm afraid to get my tootsies wet. And regarding the last piece, about living your life minus the opinions of others; I agree. All I was (complaining about?) saying was that my friends are usually right, whether I ignore them or listen hehe. Fantastic stuff Joolyet, unsurprisingly. (oh and new interest on the horizon, lovegushpoetry galore oh jeez save me now it's coming I can sense it heh! but yeah. He's Irish, an artist, and so poetically describable I'm gonna have a hard time ignoring this. (and just been on the telephone for almost three hours with him ah wow it's 2.33 am Monday morning I'm writing this review on a wordpad document because my modem has timed out, and I'm planning on copying it into a review window tomorrow when it's back on. I know you were just aching to know that :S but yeah desperately tired and warped and in need of catching up with reality.) Your poetry is like another escape, I find so many in so much of life, but yours is a particularly attractive and addictive variety. (others being jazz music, my own writing, about a hundred other people's writing, mime and ballet and exercising of all things.) So the general point of this is just to let ya know how easy it is to appreciate your style, and I remember once reading that people tell you that you have a unique style because you deliberately break the mould etc by being yourself. And I think that's true, and so obvious by your stamp. This is a quality Joolyet Product! hehe. Keep on going, as I'm sure you plan to.

peace and etc.
svi vajra chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Wow...This is utterly intoxicating.
thelightfantastic chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
I like the style it's written in. It's very distinct and flowing. 'Spread like wildfire,' is a little bit of a cliche. Not a big one, but stands out among your more descriptive phrases. I love your word choice, especially the interjections in parenthesis.