Reviews for A View of Things From the Outside
Broken Puppet chapter 1 . 7/23/2002
Never saw Dead Poets Society except part of it, but this poem was certainly interesting.
Zoe Crawford chapter 2 . 9/26/2001
wow, I am impressed. :)
Zoe Crawford chapter 1 . 9/22/2001
it's was great
The Vacancy who is not signed in for the last time chapter 5 . 7/19/2001
(Just Remember) Wow powerful, and I am sorry for your loss. I know how it feels, or maybe I don't, because it is never the same (is it?), but I've been in the same position as you I guess. :: sigh :: I'm not helping am I? Ah well. I loved this, I think it was my favourite, the simplicity and yet so... beautiful in ways one cannot understand, at least I can't. All the simple I love you's and then I need you and then the adore. I'm sure your mother is very proud of you.
The Vacancy is tired of saying she's not signed in. isn't it obvious chapter 4 . 7/19/2001
(I See You) When I saw this, it immediatly reminded me off my friend who has been with me forever. And then I saw the end, though I knew something like that was coming, and I also smiled. Yah, my mom was there for me too, and I'm glad she was. Some one you need until finally you break away off into the world by yourself. :: sigh :: I'm glad to say I have written a poem like is (oh yea, go me) and for my sister too. :: smiles :: thanks for putting a smile on my face!
The Vacancy who is of course still not signed in chapter 3 . 7/19/2001
(Just One More Step) sounds like me :: sighs :: guess I never really grew out of my love for angst when I was a teen, but really, in real life, I am way un angry! :: must defend herself for no reason :: Well, working around unfortunate kids will make you kinda mad, knowledgable, but pretty much, come to an understanding of things... that's quite... nice. :: sigh :: okay, now about the poem. I like the line about the sceaming "Then I won’t have to worry about the screams anymore" I don't know why, but it hit home. Great job once again.
The Vacancy is still not signed in duh chapter 2 . 7/19/2001
(Answer Me This Love) Wow, that IS sweet. I know what you mean about getting inspiration at the weirdest times, though mine usually comes in the middle of the night, waking up and finding the perfect two lines that rhyme but never making the rest of the poem as good as the first. :: sighs :: sucks ne? Well, I like this one too, though not as much as the first, but agian I like the last lines... because... just because! I need no reasons! Well, ja, and thanks for reviewing my stuff too...
The Vacancy who is a bit too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 7/19/2001
(Don't Deny Me This) :: is going to put the titles in because she will review each and every chapter seperatly and last time she checked ff.n didn't tell you the chapter number OR title (gr) :: Wow, I can relate. Reminds me of my mother, sometimes parents cannot be too supportive of dreams or what they may call obsessions can they? :: sigh :: I like it... :: contemplates signing in and putting it on favourites :: No, I love it. And I like the ending message, not letting your son/daughter/whatever live their dream makes you a failure in some ways I guess. :: shrugs :: I don't know about that yet.
xoe chapter 5 . 6/19/2001
*sniff*
xoe chapter 3 . 6/19/2001
i love this style of poetry with the action and the thought kind of mixed together. this was great!
xoe chapter 1 . 6/19/2001
wow...
Azrel chapter 1 . 6/16/2001
This definitely one of the best things I've read. Good job expressing yourself.
CrazyChris chapter 1 . 5/25/2001
hey...amazing work... hope more flows...
Joseph D. Greenwood chapter 1 . 5/11/2001
Sky,

This is quite an intimate poem, and a look inside of you. Yes, that scene was very moving in Dead Poets Society, one of Robin Williams best movies. I feel this poem is about facing those who try and supress you from expressing yourself. If they succeed then you are but a shadow of yourself, never bringing the true you out into the daylight. I hope they never succeed, and I look forward to more of your work. Thank you for sharing this thought with us.
Kirstma chapter 1 . 4/8/2001
The strongest parts of the poem were when you used specific, concrete images. "Hollow husk"-nice job. That was my favorite line. Very lovely poem.
62 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »