Reviews for Jumping Fences
nonaccount chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Great oeshot. I was wondering how Jaime and Terry got together, and now I know. ;) I'd like to hear more about them - they're an unusual couple.
Abweichung chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
"really cliche slash"...pshaw. You showed a real and refreshing point of view. Slowly introducing the information about Terry's HIV was a very effective way of showing the seriousness of the topic...great job. This definitely wasn't a action/romance packed story, so it really stands out from other slash stories. I couldn't find anything to change.
Nikkorz chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Great story. I love your vocabulary.
Lidyah chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
What a great story. It's nice to read a story from another perspective.
Kizuna chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
Johoo, story with Jamie and Terry! I’ve been wondering how they got together! Sweet, sweet, sweet!_ Living with HIV have to be Hell, though, but with Jamie, I think Terry will manage fine!_
Mariah chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
The first sentence is great and really awakens your interest as a reader. We have Jamie, an apperently superstraight guy, and we all know what must happen to those, right? What will happen to this superstraight guy which makes him fall in love with a man?

But after such a promising start, that's sadly a question you fail to answer, and the writing that follows isn't very good either.

I felt that it was pretty uninspired in the beginning when you had to start up the plot. I don't know if you're supposed to "know" the characters beforehand, since it feels like a lot is left out.

For exemple, who is Brett and how was he the reason for Jamie/Terry relationship?

You write that they had a close, intense relationship before they got together, but you don't get to read about this, the "flashback" is a fight about a friend's sexuality. Although I can see why it's important to the storyline, it would have been valuble with another side of their friendship too.

Since Jamie identifies himself as a straight "aussie bloke" it would have been interesting to know his feelings when he relised he was in love with Terry, more relevant than the discussion on sexuality.

The topic arises again after they kissed, which seems a little far-fetched, especially the "would you love me if I were a woman" boyfriend of mine has ever asked me that.

I'm really not the person to question the sex-scene so I leave that in peace, but one thing though:"a thwarted expression of unbelievable satisfaction mingled with an almost overwhelming sense of gratitude"The usage of words here, I'm quite stunned, actually. In a bad way. It must have been the orgasm of the year.

And be careful with words like eternity, desire, lover, satisfaction, etc. They're a bit empty and you wear them out. Especially effeminate, which you use way too often. Was there no other word to describe Terry?

But you don't use "emerald orbs" to describe someone's eyes and for that, I am grateful.

Oh, and one person can't collapse into a heap. It takes two or more.

I don't really see the problem with Jamie beeing formerly straight, if he's happy with it. He was appently mostly hanging out on gay clubs anyway,(No wonder he couldn't get a girlfriend) and shouldn't them living together make people suspicious?

How does Jamie feel about Terry's illness? Another important question left unanswered.

The part with most potential was the drive home and the coffeedrinking, where you managed to convey Jamie's feelings via his actions. Spilling coffee equals shaking hands, equals nervous. That was nicely done.

Overall I felt that it lacked emotion and depth, but as mentioned before, I don't know if this is a complement to another story. The journey from friends to lovers must have been a emotional one, but as a reader you don't get to join in for the ride.

But don't mind me. There's obviously a lot of people who loves your work, and as long as it's makes you happy, my view doesn't really matter. I just stumbled over this.
love.strawberries chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Oh... It sad and cute at the same time... Bittersweet's a perfect word.
Maris. S chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
This was a happy but sad story. I still like it though! Mainly because they took things into consideration and dodn't go all out. Shows that they really care about each other
whatifisaidno chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
I... love Terry and Jamie. ... various incoherent sounds on my part.

I need to finish Will. I always get lost reading a chapter at a time.
Collar de Espinas chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
I adore your writing, and this fic is probably one of my favourites of yours as Terry and Jamie are a couple that have really sparked some curiosity from me...

I would absolutely love you forever if you were to write a 'full-length' Jamie/Terry fic... As morbid as this may sound, I'm really curious about how Jamie's going to handle Terry's inevitable death (especially since you kept hinting at the fact that he isn't getting any better) and I think a fic with that would be...well, heartbreaking but a much-needed insight into Jamie's character.

Absolutely LOVED this one.
Yoyo-chan chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
I love your writing and it's nice to see this relationship from Jamie's POV. I think that was long overdue, especially considering Damon's concerns at the start of it and all... *loves you* Sorry I haven't been commenting as much lately. I still read everything you write the second I see it in my inbox but sometimes I can't think of anything to say other than that I loved it.
asdf chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
jamie's really setting himself up for some godawful heartache... i was just wondering if you'd be writing terry's death sometime in the near future? i've read all your brett,mike,terry,jamie,will fics, and there's always the foreshadowing thing going on in regard to terry. can't wait for the angsty fic.
Esquirella chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
I'm glad you reposted this one, too. It gives vital background on Terry and Jamie's start.
afk chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
i always wanted to know how jaimie and terry ended up together it was sweet! XD so you're ending it here ?
eldrin chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
Ah, I loved this. It is always enjoyable to read more Terry and Jamie...you have obviously developed an amazing cast of characters throughout your stories, and that never fails to come across even in a short piece like this.