Reviews for Web of Lies
pretitiful chapter 8 . 4/22/2009
seriously, something about the group really intrigues me deeply.
pretitiful chapter 7 . 4/22/2009
aww. denny seems like a nice guy than what the others deems him to be.

i love their sense of humour.

pretitiful chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
love the first chapter already :)
Storm-Spr chapter 39 . 4/15/2009
Wow. I just finished reading this story and ... wow.

It was so beautifully written and intriguing that I found myself staying up until 3 in the morning reading it. The plot was like nothing I have ever read and it was truly amazing.

I commend you on a brilliantly written story.
Frozen.by.Sloth chapter 39 . 4/14/2009
okay, not to be redundant, but I just read the story.

Sick. So sick. I was in love with how amazing things started between Denny and Lynne, it was what hooked me in the beginning, even though I realized that things would get out of hand.

How out of hand, I had no idea. Some chapters were so intense and foreboding that I was surprisingly shaken up, I swear, I was almost crying. It was really suspenseful and somehow heartjerking.

I never liked how Denny's and Lynne's relationship developed, and I still find that aspect of everything a bit strained, because it started out as a completely different relationship, and I feel as if it hasn't been said as deeply as it should have been. I hope you don't mind me saying that, because they were still really good, and the story I won't even mention.

Everything turned out much better than I expected it to, and it's amazing how the balance was re-gained once everybody made one hell of a big mistake and I'm glad the town got a taste of their own medicine, so they know what it means when things spiral out of control. You've done a great job of portraying the darker and unforgiving side of humans, it's truly remarkable.

Either way, thank you for sharing this.

I enjoyed every chapter, and I really love what you've done.

it's a great story,

enjoy~
Verasque chapter 39 . 4/12/2009
Hi Polished Gem,

I just wanted to congratulate you for winning Most Creative Plot (Judge’s Pick) in the SKoW Awards for Round 7. I’m not sure if you’re still around, so I do hope this message gets across to you one way or another.

As the judge, I found “Web of Lies” to possess the unpredictable quality that this category requires. I initially didn’t find it quite so promising as nominee material until I had read a few chapters and realized that not only was this story well-written – it also had a plot, and characters that drove the story forward and gave it depth and realism as well as creativity. While silently cheering for Denny and Lynne, I was also fascinated and pleasantly surprised by the twist the story took in terms of the relationships (i.e. friendships) between all of the supporting cast. The dark themes, and incidents you created raised this story above any other cliched, high school romance that suit categories like Best Het.

Thank you for giving me a brilliant story to read and judge. Whether this achievement holds any merit for you, you should be aware that “Web of Lies” is another piece that makes the SKoW community’s passion so much more worthwhile. Congratulations!

Cheers, Joa (SKoW Judge)
Genato chapter 39 . 4/2/2009
brilliant fic. i love the way you develop your characters. like, they're not perfect.. and they also have multiple flaws. 'coz most writers just make their lead characters have one mistake/flaw. and i love it that all the people weren't very forgiving.. and it wasn't a really HAPPY ending where everyone forgot what happened and forgave each other. your characters.. were just human. you should write more. :)
silvershadow1379 chapter 39 . 4/1/2009
really good story, i just finished it after reading it for hours it was really interesting and drew me in
Typically Cliche chapter 39 . 3/12/2009
REALLY GREAT STORY I'M GLAD THAT IN THE END THINGS WORKED OUT FOR THE GROUP REALLY GREAT STORY
KarmaC chapter 39 . 3/7/2009
this story was quite good. I'm just going to leave a quick review now, and say this story had great character dynamics, but was a little cliched. I'll review more tomorrow (it's almost midnight and I have church!).
akaCHEEKS chapter 39 . 3/6/2009
this is a really good story. wow. i just finally finished all of it.
akaCHEEKS chapter 38 . 3/6/2009
wait, you make them sound as if they acually sprouted off from real live people. is this based off of a real life story by any chance?
akaCHEEKS chapter 31 . 3/6/2009
woah. really good story. kept me up all night! ughh! haha its really good i lost sleep over it. rawr.
shvesta chapter 23 . 3/5/2009
GO DENNY! I really hope Anthony is just a filler. Anyway, the bet was obviously just a lie wasn't it? I LOVE THIS STORY!
boob chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Okay , I just finished reading Web of Lies for the second time . And I swear, it was as good as the first time I had read it .

I am just amazed by how original and interesting the plot was . Sometimes it's really hard to come up with an interesting plot and make it work , but you did it beautifully. It totally strays away from the pile of overdone cliches .

I liked that you tried to give your characters depth , that is awesome . I guess since there were soo many characters its hard to put life into all of them because some characters weren't as thought out as others . And I guess I wanted to know more about some characters like Longmeyer(?) and it would have been great if you tied in Lynne's as well as Denny's past in more with the story . But overall your characters were excellently written .

There were some confusion in dialogue towards the middle-ish end , but nothing too hard to decipher .

Anyway , I loved your work and this is a story I might be reading again in a few months , it's just too good . I admire your plot and slightly jealous of your writing abilities .

GOOD JOB .