Reviews for Web of Lies
rosieroo chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Hey there! I'm Rosie, a judge from A Drop of Romeo, and although your story has already been added to our site I've just rewritten your review. It was actually posted on the site about a month ago and I've only just realised that I didn't post it here, so I'm sorry! But enough from me, here's your review:

Rosie Thinks: Now this story starts off like any old high school romance - Lynne is the new girl at a school where the high and mighty popular group rules. But as the story goes on, you learn it is so much more than that (and I know I say that a lot, but I really mean it now!). This popular group seems to have the whole town twisted around their little finger and I found myself burning with curiosity to find out how, as much as Lynne was.

When I first started reading it, I'd only intended to skim through the first chapter - fifteen chapters later, I was without a doubt hooked and didn't want to put it down. Polished Gem creates so much suspense that you are compelled to keep on reading. Her writing flows and it kept me hooked to see where the plot would go next. Speaking of the plot, it is absolutely original and so different from every other high school story that I've read. The story just develops out of all proportions and has these well thought out twists and turns.

The chemistry between Denny and Lynne is plain amazing and I liked how the story didn't just focus on their developing relationship. It was super interesting to read about, mind you, but it was also intriguing to read about everyone else in the story too, as the characters are all well developed. Plus, they all seemed realistic in their flaws and their entire personalities. Denny and Lynne made for a perfect couple in my books, as not everything was rainbows and butterflies between them - they had realistic fights. All in all, this story was amazing and definitely deserved the SKoW award it won!
AnonymousReads chapter 39 . 8/9/2012
That was a great story i really liked it even though it was kind of crazy at times i didnt think that it would get that big but still it was really good i thinkthat it would be a good idea to write a sequel, i woould like to read it. Good story. :)
Guest chapter 38 . 7/1/2012
I reckon if Travis spent so much money searching for the group, than how come it was so easy for Sue to find Lynne and Denny? But yeah, I loved this story. Very suspenseful and intense. Really good :)
YukiAndZero chapter 8 . 6/27/2012
Is she pregnant? xD
Left-Handed Writer chapter 39 . 4/15/2012
I know this story is seven years old, but I really don't care. This is amazing. I've never read anything like it before, which was refreshing. I have a lot to say but I'll keep it short. I really liked the climax and everything building up to it. I liked the idea of the formidable five and the whole history repeating itself thing. I like how the ending was sort of bittersweet, because it's realistic. I read the whole thing on my phone in less than twenty four hours, there was even a point where I woke up at five am to read for an hour.

And yeah. Brilliant story, overall x
kthxbye chapter 39 . 3/27/2012
what about Jerred? i love your story btw(: its amaaazing(:
paperandink13 chapter 39 . 1/7/2012
Good story!

It's curious, because you have some sexual themes, yet you never cussed. Some of the characters you created seem to be the type to swear. Just peculiar.
The Imagination Addict chapter 39 . 10/1/2011
ooh you know what im really curious about? why is it that eva and anthony cant contact lynne and denny? that's not explained in this 'excerpt for the curious'.
The Imagination Addict chapter 37 . 10/1/2011
my goodness. this is definitely by far THE best book ive read online so far, in terms of its themes. although it's classified as romance, it's so much more than that. many good romance books on here tend to have too much explicit stuff, which i always skip. i think i would say that your book is actually a thriller of sorts. no other book ive come across here as explored as many themes on human nature as you have-good, bad, forgiveness... there are so many themes and sub-themes that i cant hope to list them all. i just have to say that i greatly admire your writing and insight into human nature. :) are you, by any chance, a psychology/ philosophy major? thanks for the great read.

i remember wondering in the middle how you were going to resolve lynne's increasing nasty character. then you wrapped it up and i wondered how you were going to have the issue about the group resolved. then you wrapped THAT up, and i have to say, i felt it was morally unsatisfactory because even though they did a lot of wrong stuff, they weren't judged fairly. but then you had lynne's point of view and the spiel on forgiveness... at least for me, it was a very satisfactory ending, feelings-wise. (not sure about others) plot-wise, it was a great ending too because there were no strings left untied. and i LOVE how you brought back lynne's own experience with forgiveness. this is really an amazing story that doesn't scrimp on the inner darkness in humans yet realigns its characters to more ideal moral standards. including caysee. i really liked that you had her change after the gunshot. short but sweet mention.

if i were a publisher, i'd DEFINITELY publish this book. :)
The Imagination Addict chapter 30 . 10/1/2011
love the feature on forgiveness and how lynne feels that they have at least that, if nothing else.
The Imagination Addict chapter 29 . 10/1/2011
yay! their teasing relationship is back!
The Imagination Addict chapter 25 . 10/1/2011
omg the ending lines of this chapter-LYNNE'S ending words-are beautiful. the way she talks about his self-esteem when it comes to girls... wonderfully written
The Imagination Addict chapter 24 . 10/1/2011
yay! anthony and lynne have resolved things :)

by the way, i saw your profile note about changing the title... i have to say, i find "web of lies" a more attention-grabbing title than "splinter bridge", yet it's totally apt.

apart from that, i really like how you're developing and PORTRAYING lynne's character. on the one hand, she isn't quite aware of how much she's changing and narrates as such. yet we as readers can see otherwise, even as she repeatedly justifies her actions to herself. then at the same time, we have denny's commentary on her character changes via what he says to her. the whole portrayal is so complex it's sheer genius. GREAT JOB! i really think you can get this published. it's also total TV series material!
The Imagination Addict chapter 22 . 9/29/2011
fascinating how the theme of power and corruption runs through this book :) fantastic work
GossamerSilverglow chapter 39 . 7/23/2011
Whoa, this was great, but really messed up. To think the group would've been killed had Lynne not saved Jade. If Denny hadn't been ragging on Lynne she would have never realized how she'd changed. Damn. I can't believe Christine felt justified in allowing Carl to attempt a video recording of a girl being raped and then killed. Did the town ever find out the truth about Carl's attempted rape and murder? It's funny how it was Lynne that was the first to be chosen to burn considering she had nothing to do with anything except Christine's grades. Anyhow, great job. Thanks for writing!
962 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »