Reviews for Web of Lies
Soaddictedtoyou chapter 22 . 10/19/2009
Holy shit what did she get herself into.

Ha. I really hope her new found power doesn't really get the best of her. But it's only normal that it does, even if it's only for awhile

“Just remember, there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel. And if you’re the one in the wrong, don’t be afraid to say you’re story. It’s the only wisdom I can think to give you.”

Jyeah i don't think her dad realises how effective those words can be and how it would playback when things ultimatey get worse.
Ravina chapter 37 . 10/2/2009
This was a very riveting story! The theme reminded me of Tijan's "A Whole New Crowd" in a way, because it was about powerful high school students as well, but I truly enjoyed your piece!

Good luck with the re-write!

- Rebekah
Genevieve chapter 38 . 9/18/2009
Wow, that was such a gorgeously riveting story

i have just read it all in one sitting, well nearly, because when Lynne started to go bad and it didn't look like she would ever get back with Denny i was really miserable and i had to take a break, but then i had to start reading again because it was such a fabulous story

in the chapter, just after the funeral, i was so, so scared for their lives, it was the most intense thing! i love how you have the mob thing, it was so unique and unexpected. i love your writing style, i love everything! i would honestly buy this book if you had it published, i am just so thankful for this site that i get everything for free :)

anyway, i just thought i should tell you that you are absolutely amazing and you have such a gift. never ever become an accountant or some awful job like that because you are destined for so much!

xo
DrenchedinWine chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
I read your story in 1 giant go. It was a very entertaining read, and over all quite well written. I hope you keep doing what you're doing! :)
Written chapter 37 . 9/9/2009
great ending. I think that although the premise is a bit unbelievable, you make it seem as though it could happen. and you show how power corrupts, and how mobs and form and yeah... psychologically, this story actually seems pretty accurate.

I just can't believe that blackmail would go on like that, unchecked like that... but maybe given the size of the town and the circumstances, it would have been possible.

It's crazy how people have good intentions but do bad things, or how different people interpret different situations.

good work, I really enjoyed reading this. I think I was especially touched by the part about alice. I've known a few people who've committed suicide, and it's hard, because it's so easy to find people, even yourself, to blame.

I was impressed by your restraint in this story. you dropped pretty good hints throughout as to what was happening, like dana's pregnancy and the blackmail, and you started forming the character's personalities from page one, but you didn't reveal it all at once. your touch was subtle, and I appreciate that :)

good work writing this! i'm a bit curious how you thought of the idea. oh yeah, and sorry for overanalyzing and writing this huge review, haha. your story really made me think.
Written chapter 29 . 9/9/2009
cute, I'm glad they are back together, and glad to see lynne back to her senses. I see some bad things coming up soon though... namely with sue.
Written chapter 27 . 9/9/2009
thank god lynne helped jade! god, she was TOTALLY going the wrong way. I love the way you fleshed out all these characters by the way :)
Written chapter 20 . 9/9/2009
oh lord, this cant end well.
Written chapter 15 . 9/9/2009
hm... interesting. I'm wondering where they got all their money and respect, but they mention blackmail in this chapter, and I wonder ...
Written chapter 13 . 9/9/2009
ooh! okay, so I really like this story so far. it has a very intriguing cast, and the plot is fascinating too. I also think you try your best to give your writing some "flair" and if that's true, I'd like to say that it's working. your writing is really good! i mean, you probably wrote this a while back, and your writing has probably improved, but for amateur writing on fictionpress, this is good.

I was totally intrigued when eva lied to denny about lynne going to the lake with them, but when I got to the end, I was like AHA, I GET IT.

I think they didn't want him there so that they could lie to lynne and break them up, right? they seem like nice kids, but they don't want lynne to be close to denny because they have a SECRET which they don't want denny to reveal.

that's my guess so far.

as to what the secret is... well, it probably involves kim, right?

and as for dana, I figure she's sick or pregnant... but other than that, no idea. her boyfriend seems to know something about julie though... speaking of julie, where has she been? well, off to read more!
A. Watts chapter 37 . 9/6/2009
This is a really great story. I really like it.
Fairytale x chapter 39 . 8/25/2009
Oh my gosh, I love it. So much. It has everything a good story needs and more. The idea is so good too, it makes me wonder how you ever came up with the idea. c:

I'm kind of sad that I wasn't one of those reviewers from the beggining but oh well.

It's two in the morning now and I've never stayed up this late reading a story. c: So thank you for such an amazing read. I loved it so much. c:
pandaS2 chapter 39 . 8/18/2009
wow. i just spent all day starting and finishing this story. it's amazing you should consider getting it published. when they were hiding in the school and there was a possibility they could get caught any second me heart was thumping and my stomach was in knots. but yay it is all good now.
Tra-vation chapter 39 . 8/15/2009
Wow, this story is one whacked up piece of writing. (In a good way.) It's probably one of the best angst stories I've read yet. It is quite thrilling and I enjoy it a lot..but now I have to go read some happy story to ease my mind because honestly, i keep imagining being burned while being unable to do anything. I like how not all the truth is told to the town. The ending left me with a 'peace of mind' feeling. This is a great story.

:Tra-vation
Vance Vestiaum chapter 39 . 8/6/2009
Finally finished this story after a week of on and off reading. It was really amazing and super original! You answered all my questions with the epilogue and chapters 38 & 39, so there's not much to say. :p

I really like the way everything was set up, and I can't complain about the small amount of errors. Heh.

I have no idea who Amy Sanders is, by the way. I don't know if it's something I missed. :p
963 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »