Reviews for Close Call
Michael Panush chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
That was a pretty cool story, and I liked the set-up, but I think it needed a little more of a climax. The terrorist and the counter-terrorist should have done the old Bruce Willis and Alan Rickman dance before the final bullet was shot. The pontificating at the end seemed a little misplaced too. And why would this terrorist attack a cruise ship? Is this some minorities and mixed race only cruise? Why wouldn't a white supremacist attack an NAACP office or something?

Other than that, the story was very well done and I look forward to reading more of your work.
Clorinda chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
Oh, the irony. ::cackles gleefully:: Absolutely love the title. Adore it. Worship it. Venerate it.

On a more coherent note, I also liked the execution. No names, just stories, a nice degree of realism, and no long sob story that will ever be revealed for The Operative. Whatever little you did reveal of him spoke volumes, and of course: "The operative had questioned why he killed, and was satisfied with the answer."

The casualty count seemed a little ostentatious, especially about the howling baby, but I LUURVEd The Terrorist's line of reasoning: "Still having an old Southern sense of morality, he had decided to join a militia and help preserve white America."

Praise be for the irony.
Haku chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
This is good, but not only do I see the terrorist as being a threat. For me, the silent but lethal man in the black helmet is also somewhat ominous. Nonetheless, that doesn't detract from its effectiveness as a piece. Good job.
Alankria chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
Good little piece reflecting the world as it is today.
Arkash chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
I love the descriptive line: "Technological second skin."

Chilling, because it comes close to the truth.

Good job! *_*
LightningFlash21 chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
Sounds like there is Splinter Cell influence here. It was good. The introducing of the operative was like this are cool and canbe good stories. You should give it a good go like
Monev11235 chapter 1 . 2/27/2006