Reviews for Appetite for Cold Silk
Pandakun84 chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
...cool. I love this. It's, i don't know, ... haunting almost... Great job!
Theatre des Vampires chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
Amazing.
Caoimhe's Sins chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
My lord, is amazing. it's just strung together enough that i can follow what you're saying but not enough that it's one of those poems where you read the first time and say "yeah, i get this..." I love how you add these (silent) parantheses in. i love "the great disaster". at first I was thinking traditional death, but this man (all emo/punk) could just as well be your undoing. once again, love this! be well, poet. loveem
braindead1345 chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Wow...this is beauitful, I really like the descipition of th mad hatter. I love this!
missmeghanh chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
wow. i'm speechless.
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
I see a few mentions of Lewis Carrol in your reviews. I'm guessing he's the author of "Alice in Wonderland," which I've never read, unfortunately. I wonder if my lack of knowledge about the book (and the movie, for that matter, which I've also never seen) keeps me from understanding and appreciating this poem as much as I should. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed it, even with my ignorance.

[the truth of my tits loosing their stealth] A lot of people write "loosing" when they really mean "losing." I'm not sure if you meant "losing" or "loosing" as both make sense in this context. However, I do feel that "losing" was what you meant, as it sounds a lot better and makes more sense.

[and I fall / asleep with a rock hard Virginia Slim between my / fingers ] When I saw "rock hard" I immediately thought of a ... umm ... you know. Your work is often sexual anyway, so my mind jumped to conclusions. I was wrong, however. And that's not very safe! Falling asleep with a cigarette like that. Could catch the house on fire!

[flies to buzz across my future like fuzz on the furniture.] I like this; and was the alliteration intentional?

{If I believe what my mother told me when / I was a child then at birth I had already been born - too many / centuries for my mind to wrap a hold of - too many poems, / maybe. Just a recycled writer with a shelf life of book spines / and spider webs.] I really like this section.

[we share / saliva like a trail of bread crumbs] WOW! What a line! What a simile!

[don’t shout or the neighbors will hear] I hate having neighbors. My parents often tell me to be quiet because all the neighborhood can probably hear me. I like to be loud at times; only at home, of course. I feel too restricted with neighbors on all sides of me, though. I miss living out in the middle of nowhere where trees were my only neighbors.

[To think that such breakable structures form us; I could / break ninety percent of the bones in his body with just my hands / and to think, I’m afraid to say so.] Great ending; I love the tone of those lines.

Well, this poem kinda confused me at times; maybe that has something do with what I said at the beginning of my review; or maybe I'm just dumb. I don't know. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed this quite immensely.

Good job once again.
flaming.footprints chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
"I could

break ninety percent of the bones in his body with just my hands

and to think, I’m afraid to say so."

Awesome. Just pure awesomeness.

Shavo
R.J. Crosbie chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
that was intense. my favorite part was the one about the mad hatter with coke rings around his nostrils. i could see the mad hatter with coke rings on his nostrils and it made me think: that's really how he is anyway. and a lot of people are like that. great poem!
BentButNeverBrokenPoet663 chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
Wow.I really liked has a certain flavor of distain and yet it almost seems like your still smiling at the possiblities of what you could good.
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
"with or

without - time is a bitch of a lover, like gravity"

AAH oh god, oh god, how empathic and stunning was that line,

"time (silent as ever) never asks why I try so

hard to please"

i think... this is... so gorgeous...

"And

when the Mad Hatter knocks on my backdoor with his ticking

alarm clock and Coke Rings around his nostrils I don’t panic"
elasticbobaturtle chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
It drips through your eyes like water. Gave me a sort of crazed feeling, but in a good way. :3
Farran chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
Wow, I just love how fluid it was how easialy it flowed. A pleassure to read.
PeliculaJane chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
love.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
[ iwant to say thank you for your review as it really helped me and i was, like, dreading all the reviews to i becaue i figured no one would either like it or find the nerve to criic. ...yeah, that and i really *hated* how it came out; anyway, thank you.]

title - is so abstract and...wow, just, wow. you do come up with the besy titles, i must say. also, the summary - i loved it to unconcous degree. thewholethingwasamazing. lovelovelovelove it. Lewis Caroll was amazing and just the thought of somseone emulating his orks sounds early worship-worth and this poem, honesly, would be worship-worthy. it is pretty, pretty without being so...off topic? i don't know, the words are just perfect and when read aloud the *fit*. yes, this is lovely.

* noelle
crushed by a dandelion chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
Hm... wow... this sounds like my dreams.