Reviews for duct tape Christianity
relapse into change chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
fuck, this so beautiful

ILOVEIT so much

you have such great imagery

and god, this is perfect

well done :)

(sorry this review is really late)
Indigo Carmine chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
Wonderful. ' .fuck.' 'nownowNOW'.

Such great imagery.

Have you ever heard the song "Precious Things" by Tori Amos? You might like it.
Ironic Presence chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
How vile.

Also, poorly written. Who is the "she" in the last stanza? That whole last stanza makes no sense. If it did, I would be able to give a more intelligent review.
Sad Songs Remind Me chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
I understand the trend with being shocking nowadays, however, we'll just put this out there: I'm not a Christian and yet I find this absolutely disgusting and poorly done. I've come here with numerous reasons why this is so. In the first stanza, you create this image of a child with "cupid-eyes and Venus kissed cheeks." Not only is the image out of place in a "Christian"- and I used the word lightly- poem if you're not referencing and juxtaposing a polytheistic and monotheistic religion, but it seems bizarrely maternal for a sexual encounter with a priest and a young boy. Equally, this notion of the child being "temptation to the eye" represents a glamorized and superficial look at the priest's severe psychological disorder- pedophilia.

The reference to Nine Inch Nails in the next stanza really bothered me. Is the priest or the child listening to it? It’s violent to connect either person to the music and what’s the point of tying either to it? To reinforce violence? I’m not sure.

Either way, the last stanza is nearly as erratic as the previous ones, especially the first line. Is she looking onto this sexual scene and drawing conclusions from it about Christianity? Or is this she the little boy who decided to turn into a girl? Is it the priest who sees himself as a woman? Is it the Virgin Mary? Is it God in the female form? Or is it you not knowing the difference between the he/she pronouns? Any way you spin it, this needs major clarification considering my numerous readings of this line alone. I think that if you get off writing poetry like this, you should go seek professional help.

P.S. Your penname is unnecessary and is not clever.
Alyosha Karamazov chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
ah ha!

I adore this...

Harsh and rightthere.

Wow.
eldrin chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Very brutal and harsh. It lacks elegance but makes up for it in intensity.
marshbar960 chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
very sad yet powerful. loved the "this isn't real, this isn't real". thx for sharing.
abs1247 chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
i like it. i know alot of people who act like that. great way of putting it into words. xoxo abbylynn
Just-try'en-to-speak chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
First of all i would like to say it makes me ill that u got 44 reviews and only one person besides me had an issue with you poem. If a christian poem is writen on this site its attacked 5min after its up. I wont lie and say things that this have never happened in God's House, but they happen in alot of places they shouldnt like school. No where in this world is perfection, but people that love the Lord and come to his hosue for whorship certainly arnt doing this and wouldnt put up with others doing it when they found out. And not to sound stuffy but what true christian listens to Nine Inch Nails? Just a thought u know?
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Very good. Very controversial, though. Nicely done.
The Temptation Of Amadeo chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
oh. my. God. *blinks* ... *quivers* really. really. dare I say it? ( hot! )
stashedlover chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
i love this one. and thanks for your comments on mine, i haven't written for eons and i thought i was going rusty :] thanks anyway.
Moonjava chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Hi girl!

Sorry that I haven't reviewed in so long. I really haven't been on FP that much lately.

Any ways.

Awesome poem.

There's so much dark emotions in it.
My New Pen Name chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Great, really powerful. The last stanza is fabulous. Nicely done!
lifescrewsusall chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
awesome. i got a full picture of everything. good job
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »