Reviews for against damask
mostly water chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
this is...quite simple...amazing. i can't get over it. not quite. ahgr.
mezzie chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
I almost don't know why this is so splendid - but it is is is. I just know i couldn't have written it so marvelously that's for sure. The sense of time, of waiting and enclosure.. "five eternities" ? what a perfect phrase!

mezzie
Holly Rose E chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
incredible style. loved it.
My New Pen Name chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
Interesting format. Sweet and succinct. Nice.
hoowdoideletethisaccount chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
Hm, very interesting piece. I work with the elderly, so I think alot about time and how fleeting it is, and how we should think carefully about how we spend it.

I don't really care for the formatting in the "lady smiles" part. I find it unnecessarily jarring. But, it's your poem. :) and it's still very good.
Unready chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
interesting, nice breakdown in the middle
Ellin Louise chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Although it's been said before... intersting format, and the first and last lines begin and end the poem perfectly.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
intersting format.. amazing pice
les petits bateaux chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Your format is just amazing. Intriguing beyond words.
callmebelle chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
I absolutely love this poem. the way you did the diced letters in parentheses is AMAZING. truly original. great job!
by His blood chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
i am extremely glad that you've updated, your writing is just amazing. this, of course, is no exception. the format works very well, and all of this is just incredible. as always.
estrela chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
o i like the "five eternities" at the end... it's really nice :)
AllyCred chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
Interesting, this is very different and i have to say i love the format, well done!
flaming.footprints chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
How do you do that? You are totally out of this world. It just blows my mind.

Shavo
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
damask is such a pretty word, you make me love it.

that opening line is so strong and this whole thing just reminded me of walking into my grandmother's parlor, oddly enough. the ending is quite fitting, beautiful and 'spiritual'.

it makes me smile oh so bright.

* noelle