Reviews for Remember? To My Brother
sk8rgrl chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Don't know how I didn't notice this before, but this is brilliant. Quite possibly your best work. I don't even know what else to say about it than that, except that this is powerful with it's word vomit driven by emotion. wow.

-sk8rgrl

Oh, and I noticed you put "coursing" when I think you meant "cursing"
Heather Harper chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
I am amazed. I did not believe that such emotions could be poured so vividly into a poem.

And yet you did it.

I read that and... I cried. It is so much like my sister that I couldn't hold it back.

Good poetry makes you smile.

Great poetry makes you think.

Real poetry makes you cry.

Keep up the fantabulous work. You have a gift for writing and the power to take it somewhere.

Truly impressed,

Heather

PS. Thanks so much for the review. It really means a lot to me when someone so talented as yourself leaves me such a positive comment. Two pieces of mine that are more relatable than "For You Sister" are "A Terrible Memory" and "Absentee Sister" (or originally "Absence"). You may wanna check it out. And by the way, feel free to e-mail me any time of you feel like talking. I've been through it... all. My address is: Luv ya!
Modelicous chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
that was so good. It's hard when family memebers are like that. Good job honey. it really made me feel your emotion
Remy Salinger chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
Wow. Wow. I don't even know what to say. That was so heartfelt and ... amazing. This is a very sad poem and I admire the power that you have, to write it.

-Chloe
LoveNeverWantedMe chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
Wow.I...have no idea what to poem was of reminds me of my own situation, in a did a really good job with it.-Kristin
luvsuxass chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
That was beautiful and sad at the same time hun. :-(
eldrin chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
I feel like this could be my relationship with my brother...the details are a little different, but the story is basically the same. It's a little terrifying to realize that these things, thoughts, and questions could turn up in another person's poetry.

This is haunting and painful. Beautiful in that way. It leaves me with tears.
Winter Reflections chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
i dont think i have cried over a poem in a long, long time. i dont even think i can say how much it has affected me by just reading it.

i read this poem word for word, twice, and i will read it again. if anyone flames you they are bad people.

i really like how you structured this poem. it sounds liek it is pouring from your conscience.

this is the only poem i can think of that has left me as close to speechless as i have ever been. i just dont know how to saw how this poem makes me feel.

you did a bloody good job, and this is going on my favourites.

keep writing,

Monkey

(if you feel like it, check out No Longer Afraid, it is my short autobiography)