Reviews for Cliche Prone
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Nice poem. It's funny how things like this just spring out of your head, isn't it? Your rhyming is amazing! Just about every rhyming poem I've review for, I've had to say something along the lines of "your rhyming was to forced and it was completely your focus of the poem. quit butchering your lines and add poetic devices dangit!" I might as well just copy and paste those. However, I didn't once feel that your rhyming was forced. You made it seem like rhyming is the most natural thing in the world; that everyone just whymes naturally in their everyday speach. It kinda reminds me of a Shakespear play. Lol. The idea of the poem, too, is to be applauded. "It’s not a foreign language,/This word this lot hath never known!/It starts with ‘u’ and ends with ‘nique’/And with it something new is sewn." That was simply perfect. I don't have much as far as concrit, but I must say that the parenthases were rather distracting. Were they a part of the poem or were they author's notes? Regardless, I really loved this poem. I'm deffinately adding it to my favorites!
a lonely september chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
i liked the repitition of 'here i rest this case' nice... i love the flow to this, you're good at rhyming & stuff, and usually i'm not into that kinda thing.