Reviews for What Cosplay Means to me
KonataIzumi1 chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Oh God. I actually found someone that cosplays on FP. I liked your essay. It actually gave me the motivation to get off my lazy butt and try to finish my first cosplay before Halloween. I'm going to be the default Kagamine Rin! Cosplay's really fun but when you don't know how to do something, (Like attach a sailor fuku to a shirt) it gets frustrating. It's nice to read about other people's cosplay experiences to get you motivated. I thank you for this truly awesome essay.
iknowthethirdthingaboutpoetry chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Spell-check and break your paragraph into pieces.

Cosplay annoys me. Anything that brings perversion into my former love does, actually.
Tiefling chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Well, I didn't know what cosplay was before, so I learned something. It sounds like a fun hobby.

However, your essay could use some proof reading. It would also be easier to read if you split it into a couple of paragraphs.

"I'm not one of with my cosplays and each and everyone of them has a flaw of some sort. Either the fabric cut jagged or a tear in a jacket or uneven seams."

Are you saying that their costumes have flaws, or that yours do? If you're talking about their costumes why are the words 'starting with my cosplays' in there?

"Cosplay is a skill it takes more than forty hours less or longer."

You need a full stop after skill, then start a new sentence. Then try saying something like "it can take up to forty hours or longer, or it can take less" .

"You might say ugh not another summoner Yuna we have so many of those the good ones,"

If you're addressing your essay to people who don't know what cosplay is, the odds are they don't know who Summoner Yuna is either (I don't) so it would be a good idea to explain.

"Another thing I enjoy about cosplay is that no one can guss who you are dressed up as."

If there are, as you suggested earlier, lots of people dressed as the same character, wouldn't they be able to tell who you were unless your costume was really bad?

"I started some generic elf hunter. It looked so-so. The costume was only a forest green tank top with a mini skirt and knee high med brown boots. The elf hunter was generic. "

You don't need to repeat yourself. It was generic. I get it!
Formerly chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
I'm not sure what it says, but your essay made me cry. Also, just looking at the formatting feels like I'm repeatedly stabbing splinters of glass into my eyes.
Forsakn chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Ok. You've managed to get the gist of the essay across. That's good. However, I suggest attempting to paragraph. Also, read the whole essay out to yourself and add commas where you seem to pause; that's the only way I can think of, that'll fix your lack of commas.

You caught my attention with the descriptions of making your costumes; that's good. I think you should state who exactly Sailor Mars and Yuna are, though, cos a non anime fan or non cosplayer might not find anything relevent, and won't be very interested in something he can't understand.
Elliptical Shapes chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
I really enjoyed reading this, its a good piece of work.

Keep writing