Reviews for Oranges
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
That is absolutely beautiful. Really.

Every line had stunning images, stunning emotions and qualities to it that I can't describe.

I am envious of your talent, I have to say.

I would love honest opinions/feedback from a writer like you on my work. It would mean a LOT!
persephone in waiting chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
This is my second (or third) time reading this poem, and each time thus far has restored a magic in my mind I that I forgot romantic poetry could supply: painted images of a couple - joyous victims of budding love - sitting under the setting sun, toes curled in mounds of grainy sand, peeling orange peels that exude a citrusy scent ... it's beautiful. I couldn't pick a single favored line, because every line of the poem is of importance.

Beautiful poem. Your writing style is definitely evident.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
Wow, this is simply astounding. I won't bother to tell you what a great poem it is or what a fantastic poet you are, because so many people have done that already, but this is and you are. Amazing work. The images are all so crisp. I felt like I was there, and the emotions in this...Damn. I want to write like this. *favorites* Keep writing! :)
coal and marigolds chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
The imagery in this is so, so fantastic. You can really just /feel/ every word in this poem and that's something that doesn't happen often.

Wonderful!
toxic-noodle725 chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
im pretty much speechless. it was absolutely( i think i spelled that )beautiful! i really mean it! i loved how it talked about the summer romance and kept going back to the orange. it was very creative. i loved it! i can go on forever about it! i read ur profile and it seems that im not the only one with a double life. in fact im one of those deep thinkers that just want to talk about life and simple things. e-mail me sometime. i think we could get along pretty well!well anyway away from my rambling...i loved ur poem! write another one soon! toodles!
Jecai chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
I think the overly sweet is sickening because people don't want things to be purely good. But this fantasy exists, at least for me, in a context of pain(even if it is only restlessness that comes from routine) As a mote of feeling, it's beautiful.

This makes me do more than think. I actually care about the narrator/you, which almost never happens; 'transparent' did the same thing.

I was stung in the right ankle vacationing on the Gulf coast in '99. As I sat in a hospital exam room, foot in a bucket of hot water, a frail old woman passed by and asked, "Don't you know to do the stingray shuffle?" That was one of the first bad experiences I had that didn't make me vindictive, didn't make me feel like a victim. Probably because my antagonist was just an animal, it seemed okay. There had to be injuries, since only stopping the world would prevent them. Not that I rationalized my thoughts like that; it was purerly intuitive.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
Yea, you updated! I’m happy now.

This was amazing, what a poem for me to review - it was breathtaking. This was the first poem in a really long time that I’ve read on this sight that I would say was good enough to be published (anywhere.) This is the kind of nostalgic, heartbreakingly simple (yet gut wrenchingly powerful) poem that wins awards. I’m completely floored.

I loved the repetition of the orange, peeling the orange with him and how the culture of where you grew up just kind of flashed before you’re eyes. The weave between emotion (and self) as well as surroundings was flawless.

I mean, I want to copy and paste the whole poem into this and comment of every line, and nuance, and emotion - that’s how good this is. You my dear, are a true talent and I guess it’s ok if you go a long time without updating when you come back with a banging poem like this - but don’t stop writing, you have a place in this world and it’s high up there on the poetry totem pole. Keep up the good work.

Much love,Juliet.
Lines To Time chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
If I've ever known anyone to master that essential trick of getting the reader to feel *there*, wherever you're describing, in a poem, it's you. I don't know how you do it (it probably has something to do with your fantastic imagery and the true, genuine sincerity I feel in each piece of yours), but everything that's in here was exactly *right*, *exactly* the way it would be. It felt like reading a favorite memory that I'd only half-forgotten; it felt like being there, at the beach with the ice cream and the oranges. You are such a wonderful poet. I wish you'd show off more about it! :-P
Mynix chapter 1 . 3/15/2006