Reviews for Cultivating Illusions
hoowdoideletethisaccount chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
-Cigarrette in hand, the / shadow-man stands behind / a thicket of weeds / cultivating illusions.- I've done this before. Minus the cigarette. :) I've hid myself away in the trees and just watched the birds and the water and the sky and prayed and thought and thought and prayed and thought. It can be an excellent way to spend a few hours, sorting out your perspective on the world.

I adore that shadow-man verse especially- because as awesome as your descriptions of nature are, I'd pick people over birds any day, so I like to read about people more. ;)
Needa S chapter 1 . 3/21/2006
Great images. Excellent write.
Smoky Bear chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
fantastic metaphor... absolutley fantastic. this is an excellent illustration of man plotting mature's demise. well done with the description, it's tasty. the poem is so alive and vibrant, yet the sinister under-current does not fail to leave its mark.
dark stars grace chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
very pretty, and the formatting is nice too.
in theory chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
Gorgeous imagery, the freedom of birds is so perfectly captured.
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
you update so quickly! omg! anyway, i love this. the first stanza was my fave, but the whole piece was great - again, the beautiful imagery and detail. just gorgeous.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
And all the scene needsis a vulture to breakthrough the monotony.- very idealistic.

i like that image it gives me, very much
eldrin chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
The images! What more can I say?
elasticbobaturtle chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
Ooh, I think you really magnified the vulture as a symbol; great integration. "Cultivating illusions" is a phrase I like.
les petits bateaux chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
Beautiful. Your imagery is stunning, as always. Good work.
crazy dog events chapter 1 . 3/17/2006
The imagery in this is amazing. Blah. lovely.