Reviews for Realising
Technical-Difficulties chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
its just like your summary says,it does seem like a very personal poem. it takes guts to post that kind of stuff. so hurray for you. and dont worry about your austrailian spelling XD. its better than my american spelling hands down.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
OMG! Totally loved it! I can completly relate. You know what else step-father suck too. I have an ex step fatehr (my younger sisters dad) and boy was he a crazy. But thats off topic, I know i se the same thing with my mom sometimes, but i don't think its that bad cuz i look mor elike her except for my eyes, but they're a darker blue, but still I think when we go their every two weeks it makes her sad remembering. :) Great poem!
tad chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
Anna-

First of all. I'm very sorry. I was in a really terrible mood the other day, and I don't know what compelled me to say what I did. I apologize.

Second of all, I would have never thought I could have offended you. I'm going through a time now where lot of things that I can't control are happening, and that results in a lot of bad moods and a lot of screaming.

Third of all. Your poem. Wow. Excellent. Really excellent. And I'm not saying this in a "i'm-really-sorry-please-forgive-me-since-i'm-sucking-up" way. I'm saying it in a I-mean-it way.
Tenchu Irimasu chapter 1 . 11/16/2006
Wow. What a beautiful way to capture the feeling of realizing that we don't have to be our parents. For a long time, I was upset that I was so much like my own father, but decided that I can still be my own person if I don't let his tendencies take over. I'm glad someone (you) has been able to put that feeling into words! Great stuff. :)
AuthorNinjaEarth chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
'Tis so sweet, Anna. Precious and very moving. Excellent work!
vampiric-happenings chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
this is very lovely! i like it. it touched me. very good! -thank you for your review!- :D
morning-flower chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Oh this is beautiful! It's so honest and open, as you said, and it's very touching. I like it :)

And thankyou for reviewing my poem, I got a surprise when I saw reviews for it because I'd forgotten it was up here.
Not Afraid of Bruises chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
1. great poem2. I still think you could do more by using periods and commas to set off pauses and stuff.3. I know just how you feel...only different. hard to explain. There are a few poems I am hesitant to put up. 4. Keep writing. Try reading some Plato or other classical philosophers. You'd like them.
Universal Empire chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Amazingly written! I can tell that you put a lot of emotion into this! I'm really glad that you posted this, even though you have no intention to! Once again, Amazingly written!

-Sadistikal
carrot101 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
OMG. I can almost absolutely relate to this... my father wasn't a good man either, and I don't love him at all.

Once again, many people can reltae to this as well. I can see as well that it is very personal through the way you wrote it. I really don' know what else to say... other than overflow this review space with lengthy comments and compliments...! :)
Sanity's Oubliette chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
Hey, it does take a lot of courage to post something so personal and close to home for people to read and criticize. Although there's a lot of hackney phrases, I think this poem was very touching because it was so honest. It was an enjoyable read. Keep it up.

Also, thank you for your review... and just a side, off topic note, I've always wanted to visit Australia. ;)
bangbangstartagain chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
Hey. fellow aussie! lol. brilliant poem. the emotion was intense and you could tell it was very personal with the writing. it was perfect.

D
daretobe-dIfFeRnT chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
omgsh wow that must have been so tough for u:( i liked how u added that u were/are optimistic at the end, that was really good:D keep writing, ur soo good!
bR0k3N chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
well done. and wow... Australia? I've always wanted to visit there. Im from America... and since you spell mom mum, i actually wuld've guessed you ere from Europe... haha... so i guess that would have been stereotypical of me? hahaWell, I really liked this poem. Really deep felt!-Victoria
All Alone With Her Thoughts chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Oh, that's so sad. I do admire you for posting something you thought you weren't going to, because it meant so much to you. Good for reviewing my poem!Rowan
191 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »