Reviews for The Red Man
EliMerriman chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Has a Poe-ish rhythm to it. This is well written and executed, and I've always loved this rhyming scheme (free-verse is my favourite to write, but varies too greatly in quality). The one part I didn't like in the poem was the inclusion of the words "satus quo". It doesn't seem to fit the mood or the diction. Other than that, amazing.
McGonagall's Bola chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Oh shit, I don't understand half of these words...only makes me realize that I still still have a long, long way to go to graps the English language. I love the mentioning of Lucifer (basically all these ancient gods and goddesses..) I like this piece of poetry a lot! The rhymes are mysterious to me, but that only make sit all the more impossible to stop reaidng, it drives you further to each more line. I love the use of the old English, too.
Elegant Raven chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
I really loved reading this. Interesting format. Most writers don't use it. ABCD etc. Very different. Loved it though. It was very appealing and really helped with the rhythm and flow.
Peter Harrison chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
I really liked this poem too! It's an interesting rhyming scheme (ABCB etc.), one that I have never written a poem to but now I want to! Great work! You used a lot of appropriate words to set the mood.
flashlitdarknessxx chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
WOW! I really really like this! great job!
JPRom chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
I didn't manage to find any sort of rhythm in this piece.

Also, your rhymes had no sceme, and you sort of rhymed whenever you felt like it.

I would have to honestly and blatantly say I didn't like it.
myheartwantsyou chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
this is great. it reminds me vaguely of the raven by edgar allen poe. very good.
MidnightStar005 chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
I enjoy reading your work!

xoxo
DCLehnsherr chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
My God that is amazing and i mean that. I love the way each of the lines flows into the next. It has such an old feel to it like i think it's Edgar Allen Poe (can't be sure though).

All in all i just love this. Brilliant and amazing work keep it up _