Reviews for Variegated Canvas
onyxdragonflyy chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
This one speaks to me! I feel I can relate cause I love to paint on canvas, and to speak of its voice... wonderful! My facorite part, "you are Shade; so am Iwe vary in Depth-the Voices in a Canvas"

It tickles me so.. -
The Fourth Fate chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Ah I love it! The last line is just incredible. Amazing amazing amazing.
Dark Hammer Helm chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
This is good, and I'm sorry if I don't give you a long and nice review. I mean, you've reviewed most of my haikus, thank you, so I should review this eh? Well, I like it. Very good description. Kaleidoscope... Did you get the shade part from me? No? Well that was good also... Man.. Well thanks, and I don't live in the philipinnes k?

You've been judged by the darkness! _
Eirien chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
Wow. Wonderful and deep, another astonishing piece. I like the experimentation with the form, but most of all I like the imagery. The way you interweave different metaphors, especially in that synaethesia "kaleidoscopic noise", linking vision and sound. The concept of painting on a blank canvas, compared to the creation and formation of life (the "you" could be God though it could also be another person) is expressed beautifully here and the images you use, such as "grazing", show how important it is whose brush touches a canvas in what way, what an influence this has on the canvas, for good or for ill ("broken"). Wonderful poem.
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
interesting, it had a unque tone to it. lovely work

keep writing!
Jason J. Ross chapter 1 . 3/21/2006
I like the experimentation. I love Renga! By the way, about your "Robins" poems...it's the state bird of my home state, Wisconsin. If you want a Renga partner, let me know.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
Suddenly,—words fail,

Shattered shards with sharp edges,

Heart's illusions slice,—

Fragmentary bits,

Dispossesed coherencies,

Puzzles without assembly,

Once framed faces of our love,

In wrought silver frames,

Broken,—our lust shames.

p.s. that word, broken,—in italix, provoked this little ramble (o, it's supposed to be a renga!) manuel.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
I like the experimentation in form. This really encompasses the blank slate feeling so well. Very well written. Great form work.
Ning chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
'Kaleidoscopic noise'... how did you come up with these unique, unsual but nonetheless wonderfully descriptive adjectives? whatever your writing is, i find that it is never cliched :)