Reviews for up high up
B-Dooliie chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
bizzare and beautiful
Hyperroll chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
god, your writing is so powerful. never stop expressing yourself through words. i know at times life can feel over-whelming and you just don't have time or energy to open notepad and scribble down a small bit of poetry. but take it from someone who hasn't written anything in months: you have talent. don't let it go to waste.

now about this poem. it's beautiful and has enough imagery for me to adore it and i think its strangeness makes it all the more poetic.
Heise chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Very good. It's difficult for me to compliment a poem/poetry/prose, because it seems funny to describe its excellence with words and adjectives.

Just to let you know ... I liked it. A lot. It sounded like a secret without a story ... but it must have been a nice., the vivid dream you had.
Sillyscrat chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
This is so cool, it feels like I'm there. It flows so well and I feel like I'm flying when I'm reading it (does that make sense?)

Pretty.
Simple Confusion chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
excellent poem. i loved the rhythm and just the way it flows. the only like that i didn't really like was the "or just dimming light bulbs because..." it just seemed to be a little bit too long, maybe if you cut it down a little. otherwise, awesome job.
Dust Cloud chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Didn't really get it...but okay, whatever.
Mia Bailey chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
Ooh. (They'd better not delete my extra vowels again.) So very avant-garde. (Spelling...?) Why is half this review in parentheses? (Don't know.) Enjoyable.
ARZ chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Cool. I likey. V. expressive.
Respect Is Sexy chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
What the fluff?

I'm so insanely jealous of you. You can write poetry. You have no idea how much I wish I could write poetry...

Um. Good poem. Made absolutely no sense. But if it was based on a dream, that could be why...Things that are based on dreams tend to be...well, Charisse's dreams are based on my dreams. Enough said.
Chocolate Herrings chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
I really like this. I really really like this...and I'm not sure why. I loved the line: "somebody’s mother called and one by one they vanished into the chaos, like gazelles (emo kids of the savannah)" Sounds like a cool dream. Kinda makes me want to eat pizza.
Face chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
Gorgeous, as always. Melancholy, slightly quirky ("gazelles (emo kids of the savannah)" appealed greatly), beatiful.
C. X. Blackfeather chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
Wo...

That was so poetic...

The images stick in my head and, because of the way you described them, so does the wording. That's very awesome. I've got this slow-motion going on, a sort of detachedness that really fits well for recalling dreams.

yay.
hey maria chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
By the time I finished reading it, I'd almost forgotten it was a dream, it sounds so real. There are details in this I never would have noticed in any dream. It's beautiful (no matter how cliche that sounds.)
DaybreakStorms08 chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
Very cool. You write down your dreams as well? Dreams never cease to fascinate me, so of course I absolutely love this!

You know, everyone has ways of interpreting dreams... they have little dream books, symbols that prove certain things... but really, you are the only one who could possibly interpret your dreams. Symbols mean certain things to you personally - they might be completely different to me. So here a reader sits, enjoying a piece of a writer's mind that even the author doesn't fully understand... I can try to interpret, but mostly, I'll just enjoy the ride.

Translation? Really, really cool piece.
Grace Hsia chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
wow, that is a pretty strange dream, but it sounds pretty cool too at the same time! there's so much symbolism that one can tye into that dream, such as how the red boy is the one that relates to love and happiness and the dark one, yes, it totally relates to ink and writing (yay!) and the gold one might have to do with...um, well, money/wealth/sunshine? (scratch the sunshine part, i think i'm really hyper...ohmygosh, i have a violin contest thingie to go to today. very nervous...ah! omg, wish me luck! and i got ur email, but i have to write a reply! i'll be getting that done before school gets out - i hope! jesu christo, i've gotten so much homework this year!) anyways, this was a very interesting bit, and, wow, i wish my dreams were this interesting!

*orientfox*