Reviews for Cycles
Yaoi-sama chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
So sick and disturbing, but fantastic at the same time!
persephone in waiting chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Very poignant, yet deeply disturbing, the psychological aspects of it. At first, I had wondered the significance of the title, and then I understood: abuse is a vicious cycle, one that is often difficult to avoid. You presented this fact and tragedy through the character Dane so flawlessly and effortlessly.

This story was extremely well-written in terms of its mechanics and terms of its emotional range. The only problem I had with it was the unclear transitions of the different time periods. Otherwise, great work.
Jeniv chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
shit...

wow that was fucked up. but it was really well done! i'm hesitating to say whether or not i liked it because, well, i don't know if i what to admit i'm that screwed up haha

brilliant job. unique storyline. and, well, in a disturbing way, yes i did like it. :D

- Jeni -
luv me like no other chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
wow, slightly traumatizing and disturbing, but i really like how creative it was and the storyline.
agirlnamed-aly chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Really not my cup of tea, but it was well-written anyway. Twisted obviously, and arguably hard to follow. I know this is a story about abuse, but a lot of the dialogue and actions are so ... frustratingly irrational.

It's good to be creative, but unless you've actually known someone or been through this type of abuse should you attempt to realistically write about it.
ByTheStarsOfOrion chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
Wow... All I can say is... wow. Bravo.

Til next time,

::SilentShadower::
omg chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
This story is so sad. At first I couldn't finsh it but then I went back and made myself finish it. It's a very poignant story, but the worst part is that there are people who are abused like that. And it just makes me want to help them, and there's really nothing I can do. Anyway, it was really sad, and if people are being abused then they should call one of those hotlines, even if it's just to talk. Well, now that I feel like I've done my bit, bye.
Naomi Schemer chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
This is amazing. Very emotional, very sad, very twisted, and incridibly well done. Only nitpick is the lack of barrier when there was time jump (which is usually FP's fault). This really made me sad, but at least it had a happy ending.
Radio Saturday chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Miss Iaceo, I am profoundly worried about you. I suggest you look into therapy.

On the other hand, your style's very good. I'm trying to figure out if this is a happy ending or not, but this is certainly the most masochistic experience that I've had all day (just getting myself to read it was hard enough). I wish you luck in your chosen path. Just tell me you're not this messed up in real life!

And please, read and review my story "Vampire's Wake."

Again, good writing, scary, twisted story.
Ahemait chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
weird, but tahst okay. i learned awhile back that most of your stuff is, but it's not bad. i've never read anythign like this and it really kept my attention. awesome story
jma chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Well, that was interesting... I like how you take the taboo and bring it to the surface. It makes for a pretty good read- nice ending by the way.
multiples of six chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Fucked up yes, but somehow still really good...
xanthofile chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
ah, there was a shift change in there that i missed and it made me confused for all of three paragraphs. *laughs*

otherwise...*GLOMPS UNTIL YOU LOSE CONCIOUSNESS*

oh my god! you rocked my boat and swamped me over. i wasn't expecting this, not since the very beginning even. i...it took me forever to read this, because i kept getting so distracted by this and that, but when i finished...i sat here in stunned silence.

and then reread the thing. it's even better the 'third' time. (yeah, that's right...three times in a row)

my idol right now is you. you're on a pedestal so damn high, you'd die if you slipped off. *waves up to you, where you see the action through a pair of opera glasses*

or maybe i'm high. no. just stunned from this. thanks for the best gift ever! and it's not even my birthday (sniffles)

"i wuv you" forever. *runs off and cries with gratitude*

thanks again! dead xanthie
blessed-dragon chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
I like this story. It was very odd. When most people write incest they just talk about the sex and that tends to take up the entire story. You showed a different aspect. You didn't write about how much Dane wanted his brother and how it was some big secret. Instead you showed a portrait of a very twisted family and the one member of that family who aims for something more. It's always nice to see a new twist to something that has almost become cliche.
Kyria Asimi chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
"I love both my boys very much, and I tell them so everyday. It’s nice to be loved everyday."

oh...creepy. Good story, but a creepy product of three in the morning.I'm glad you didn't read this one aloud.