Reviews for chastity of the perfect sun
Anaare chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
A truly beautiful piece, I commend you. You make good use of words, though sometimes it didn't seem to fit. A wonderful sense of imagery, as well. All in all, a great work of poetry.
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
This is one of those poems that I read and then just sit there and stare at it, thinking: "Whoa. That was deep." But let's be serious. No one really can appreciate a review that says, "Whoa. That was deep." It's not insightful. It's not constructive. And with all due respect to some reviewers out there, it's not interesting.

That said, I'm about to disappoint you. Your poem was deep. And it filled me with a sort of supernatural awe. A subject of my unposted poetry has long been the corruption of humanity. I say unposted, because I took it off this sight (too many people praise humanity in all its corruption). It was a sonnet sequence with poems entitled, "On Lust," "On Gluttony," "On Lying," etc. Anyway, since I was tied by the sonnet form, it was rather difficult for me to be passionate-emotional. But you don't have that problem here. You have incredibly beautiful language and you insert the words "virgin" and "chaste" (and versions thereon) very subtly, as to not overwhelm the reader. Your last line is genius, and truly ties up the whole poem. At this point, during a review of a really great poem, I would usually start quoting my "favorite lines." But your entire poem would pretty much make the cut. It was very good, very nice, and it struck me to the core. Excellent work.