Reviews for The Boys' Guide to Girls
ClarinetWrathArineko chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Most of your advice for guys is very good. I have a few things that you may want to look at:

1. It's mood swings, not mood sings. Know the difference. Or learn how to spell. Or find your W key. (It's above the S, next to the Q and the E. If you've hit the D, you've gone too far.)

2. I think a category on "nerd girls" should be included because all bets are off with them. (I speak from being a nerd girl.)

3. Yes, you should tell your girlfriend if you want some space in your relationship. She'll respect you more if you're willing to speak up. However, you must also show the same respect if she asks you for space.

4. Cheating is something that is on relative definitions in most cases. Before you end up in the situation, set some ground rules. And don't give her a reason to cheat on you! Basically, don't be a stupid/arrogant/vain/whatever bastard.

5. "We can still be friends though" only messes up how you two see each other 90 percent of the time. (This piece of insight is from my friend standing over my shoulder, and, no, not the Angel-Devil anime stereotype.)

6. An important thing if you want to keep a lasting relationship is to make sure you have an actual base of a friendship before you jump in. If you don't and things go badly, at least you'll have something to fall back on. Either that, or make friends with the person you are dating, so it's not just a bow chicka bow wow-type relationship.

7. "This above all - to thine own self be true." -Polonius, Hamlet. If you aren't true to yourself, then why are you trying to get a girlfriend in the first place?

I hope that this will help your helping men.

CWA
short circuit chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
Well, I know we shouldn't take this seriously and all, but a lot of these things aren't true.

First off, I talk to ANY guy NORMALLY. Yep.

Secondly, my guy friend used to call me bitch all the time and I'd just smile or laugh along. It kinda even became a nickname...

But it was a cute essay. (
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
konban wa

I have to say it: Most of what you wrote is a typical stereotype, which is just as often as not NOT TRUE. I don't know a SINGLE girl who, when she likes a guy, would act like a stuttering, shy girl. Not one. (All right, maybe one, LoL.) Personally, if I like a guy, I act normal around him. If we're already friends, I hang out with him same as always. If we're not friends, I'll start talking to him - casually. I'll never start stuttering or anything weird like that. And I also wouldn't act like a complete jerk, and neither would most if not all of my friends.

Not to mention - let's say the girl DOESN'T like him and really is insulting him to insult him. You pass a note saying, "Please don't insult me anymore" or whatever, and the next thing you know, the whole class is calling you softy or whatever people would say. *shrug*

Also, have you read Harry Potter? Some of what you wrote reminded me of that.

Sorry if I was blunt or whatever, but I very much disagree with the way you explain us gals to the guys. It could be from a difference in our society, though; I don't know. *shrug*

Gute nacht

-Shan-
shookierewrites chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
Great stuff, I'm forwarding the link to several of my best-guy-friends. They'll appreciate the help!

-Shookie Smiles Sweetly
Basara chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
wow...I psych in fiction press! I going to try/do some of these in the future ( uhm next relationship )... thanks for the advices!

GREAT!
Travis C. Eckert chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Great, most of this is common sense though. P.S. I heard only girls reviewed this so far. I'm a dude!
fairEtales chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Um...okay. The "How to tell if a girl likes you"...well, that's not true. Not are girls are losers and stutter when it comes to flirting. You might want to think about revising this. Sorry about the harshness...Otherwise, you had a good idea going.
peachfruitsalad chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
good advice: but maybe you could do a section for girl - what a girl should or shouldn't say to a guy she likes, how she should act or something. Really good though!
Wildflowermoon chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Hey! I love the idea of the boys guide to girls, and I hope you keep updating it. If you do, perhaps you could include a section on "girl don'ts" other than offensive language, like "don't hit girls (this may seem obvious, but some guys need more help than others)" and "don't call them fat (see above)" and "never ask a girl if she is wearing makeup. either she is and will be offended that you couldn't tell, or she isn't and is still liable to be offended." Just some suggestions if you are going to continue with this idea, which I think you should. Good Advice!Wildflowermoon