Reviews for The Game of Outer Reaches
SarahJaneDrkAngl05 chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
i wonder the same thing at times! its so confusing with someboys. what am i saying! its all boys lol. ny ways great job!

SarahJane
braindead1345 chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Theres lots of sharp twists in this one,which makes it all the lines seem to explan everything, and yet you seemed to have left some part hanging, justout of reach, for the reader to unravled. Amazing.
jus-me chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
You're style is amazing...your words smooth yet display intelect. Truly an amazing piece.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
I like this... awesome as always
cherrycoke chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
You are truly a lyrical genuis. Your feelings in your poetry are enigmatic and complicated, and yet easy to read and very unique. They provoke so many thoughts, I only wish I had the right words for feedback. But, like many amature artists/writers, words are something I lack unless woven into a puzzle of complexity. Anyways, I just think you're absolutely wonderful, I admire all your work and sometime I hope I can just take a day to read all of your writings and comment all or most of them. (I hope you don't find me creepy, I'm not a stalker or anything, I'm actually a lot younger than you...not that it makes much of a difference.)*Faves you x infinity* You're awesome. Please keep writing. ]

& of course, thank you for the wonderful reviews hehe D
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
I can picture your words being spoken out loud on Chanel 31 (local TV station in Australia) on the Poetry show. Your words arn't hard to understand though the message is clouded. Great poetry here, just wish I knew enough about it to write a helpful review. All I can really say is I liked it.

Peace, Daze
Jason J. Ross chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
You are gifted.
Farran chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
A nice gentle style really make set a subdued tone giving the pice a wonderful atmosphere in this pice. The theam is adressed with such intelegence.
account not in use chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
oh, my. the you/me, me/you twist was fantastic.
MidnightStar005 chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Wow!

xoxo
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
swallowed the scraps of solvency that wallow

like whips across the strapped combination of

you and me

that was amazing. you have such a perfect way of phrasing things so that they matter

but these days sway like voices bouncing across

the stained carpet of these freezing hallways -

i have a thing bout hallways. & cold. & voices. you are clearly a genius.
Windup Hopping Lederhosen chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Very passionate and well written. The cutting part seems a little out of place, tho.
thursdays and rain chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
This poem really spoke to me. It was as if you and I were having an actual conversation over coffee. And I agree 100% with everything you just said (wrote?).. Sometimes, we just want the things we don't have and endlessly complain & trash the things that we do have.

Maybe we're just silly that way. Or maybe all of this is just a sick conspiracy between angels & demons. Or maybe God just has a twisted sense of humour.

And He's the only one laughing.

-shrugs-

Or maybe I'm just screwed up because I live in a third world country and words like "poverty", "can't afford", "prosperity", "underdeveloped countries", "circles under her eyes" and "authority" really hit home. Well, it was more like a slap in the face.. or if you could be more creative, a splash of ice cold water (or hot, whichever comes first).

And that last part reminded me of MentallyMigrated's Two shots of sugar.

You know, the one about the cliched loveitloveit! a thousand hearts (noCAPS) reviews.. yap, THAT one. Well, sorry to disappoint you, hon.. Because that's exactly what my comment is going to be..

lovelovelove this! uber clever! this will definitely be on my faves c:
in theory chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Okay the only way I can really make sense of this is in sections. (and then maybe a stab at some bigger meaning if my head's still in manageable pieces. I have a sociology [4 hr] exam today though so forgive me if I wander on to feminism or )

Hell, I'm gonna embrace it. The first line reminds me way too much of Marxism to be ignored (and hey I bet you never got a review that you could revise from hah). You come across as the classy chic missionary-girl in that first line, like you're extending your fortune to people who don't have it. And then you combine your experience with theirs, and make the brutal reference to whips (which I loved). "A primal concoction" is interesting, it seems to me like you categorise all people the same in the sense of our evolutionary origins and potential, including how people are so different. (that makes little sense I know, but you should hear my tutor try explaining it. Sigh. and I'm blatantly against evolution, something I'm working on in a rantish poem at the moment).

On a lighter less confusing note, " four hour days" by itself in a line looks like anonymity, it's only when you look at the 12 before that you realise you mean 12 days. The Jury's still out on that one though if I'm honest.

The beginning of the second stanza; is like the reverse, you shift into the working class so mellifluously. In fact you shift perspectives like this all the time, it's one of the attractions. And obviously how could any respectable wannabe almostfailure-sociology student not notice "a girl with all this strength" as feminist, probably liberal but let's not go there.

Then we change. Direct question, drags you into the frame too (by you I mean me, really hehe). "adulthood as some R-rated movie." That's another line that shows our culture differences (the word relativism creeps into my head). Over here it's an "18" movie, but yeah that's irrelevant because I know what ya mean. As a boy [is that stereotypical? or I mean, will it be, when I make my point. Damn this bracket obsession..] I did watch several movies I shouldn't ;) and yeah, I can't say afterward I pretended I had no idea (maybe to my parents though!).

"How long does it take to wait" is interesting, I've never really got my head around the concept of time. I live in a fantasy world usually. "to bloom in into" sounded a tiny little bit muddled, I can't decide which version of "in" I prefer though.

So overall I (guess) assume this is about the general idea of wondering, well that's the summary I accrued most of the way through. Though the last stanza helped out a lot. I've rambled for way too long though and I have revision I need to be getting on with !

But ya helped hehe, your poetry is so much more interesting than boring articles. Sigh. Off to work I go. hiho hihohihohiho.

Peace.
Carp chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
There are so many layers in this piece I'm having a difficult time deciphering it. I'm really into it, that much I do know. But as to finding out what it means...for that I'm at a loss. :( I'm not sure why it's so elusive, but it just is. Great work, though, keep it coming.