Reviews for Or So the Story Goes
Eryth chapter 48 . 11/7
Being a fast reader-and having had the day off from work!-I finished this story within 24 hours of having begun to read it. With such a short time between beginning and end, I was able to pick up on the fact that two characters are named Melina: the witch...and the queen in the portrait who had come from a far-away land mentioned during Alex and Dru's first meeting as twelve-year-olds. If you want to "fix" this, I just wanted to let you know about it. If it was intentional, or if it doesn't matter to you, then that's fine too. Most authors don't repeat names in the same stories, but if you think about the reality of names, it's almost impossible to find someone who doesn't share their name with another! In truth, it's not an issue, but I just wanted to point it out to you in case it would bother you. :)
Tiny Bullfrog chapter 48 . 7/5
Goodness, what horrible actions! They took your talent and generosity and-ugh. How awful of them. I wish you luck, and give my thanks for a wonder-filled read.
marzmez chapter 14 . 4/9
Aarg! I'm sorry, but even though I am really enjoying your story there is one thing that continues to bother me. "crowned prince" should be "Crown Prince". Yes capitols because it is a title meaning he is the one next in line for the crown. I know this story was finished long ago, but if you really still do want to implement the changes you asked for, please change this one... In all your stories. I have already read the first one about Helena and came to read this one before I continued and it bugged me there too.
pleasepetthecat chapter 16 . 8/9/2016
I think the sentence "the things she held dear to her were taken from her" would be better if you left uit the "to her".
pleasepetthecat chapter 10 . 8/9/2016
Alexander mentions in his letter that the temperatures can drop from 80 to 20 in a day. I don't know for certain, but I don't think there was a numerical temperature scale in the time period you are writing about.
pleasepetthecat chapter 9 . 8/9/2016
I am just going to continue with my remarks:
You put " It (Dru's happiness about her father's letter) neither dampened when they demanded to see the letter...". "Neither did it dampen when they demanded to see the letter" sounds better, in my opinion.
Also, in the last paragraph: "I would catch a fish tomorrow." would maybe better be replaced with "I would go fishing tomorrow."
pleasepetthecat chapter 7 . 8/9/2016
Some more nitpickery ( Is that a word?):
You call the queen "strangely eccentric". It comes across a bit redundant to me, because strange and eccentric mean the same thing.
pleasepetthecat chapter 6 . 8/9/2016
I'm really enjoying this story, so please don't take my nitpicking wrongly, but I did notice a few wonky sentences I thought I should tell you about.
I thought the way Alexander wrote "Then, perhaps, we can play another game." was a bit strange. Maybe this is more fitting: "Then, perhaps, you could read some more paintings for me".
Also, in Dru's aswer, there is a sentence you forgot to end: "May the war with Kretin be brief and filled with few deaths I will pray for your safety,..."
In the paragraph following the reply there was also a sentence that was kind of weird: "Or perhaps was it something more?". To me "Or was it perhaps something more?" sounds better.
In the following paragraph: "...: words that I couldn't be certain of their implication" doesn't sound quite right either. I would probably make it "...: words whose implication I couldn't be quite certain of."
gulistala chapter 33 . 5/27/2016
Omg stupid girl now she's really screwed.
gulistala chapter 32 . 5/27/2016
Why did he refuse her? Am I missing something?
gulistala chapter 13 . 5/27/2016
Wow why would Stacey be like that? She's deliberately trying to ruin everything despite it being obvious Cindy treats her much worse than Dru ever has. I am so confused at this development- Cindy I understand. The extent of Stacey's actions don't seem to fit hey character though.
gulistala chapter 12 . 5/27/2016
Cindy's going to find the letter isn't she? Oh man so not fair.
Lazerkat chapter 42 . 9/22/2015
Ahhhh Vinny's actually happy and a baby now~

I've been reading this again after the KOT triology and it is so amazing in hindsight and seeing how far the characters have come!

You should continue with the third KOT book!
dreamaboutbooks chapter 1 . 8/23/2015
I read through the whole story and I really like it!
I am new to fiction press, so please read my story!
Thanks :)
thebrilliantflyingpenguin chapter 48 . 8/7/2015
I think that your story is truly beautiful, and for a person-not an author, some random person, to steal your work, is horrid. I truly hope that no one will plagiarize your story. Your story is beautiful and for them to claim your story as their own is horrifying and twisted.
647 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »