Reviews for Dusk

Live On The Wild Side
FairyKun chapter 1 . 4/28/2002
I like very much! I like, like! *.*
Snowlily chapter 1 . 4/13/2002
Yup, me again. And as always, the only thing I have to say is wow. *sigh* I'm such a pathetic reviewer.
Shadow7 chapter 1 . 3/22/2002
Wow. This poem has an uncharacteristic way of explaining dark things. I really like it! Could you maybe read one of my poems sometime? If you do, thanks!

Shadow
A.J.Peart chapter 1 . 2/26/2002
wow.

That's really expressive! Clouds, confusion, cynical creatures...hey, they all start with C! (I feel special now!) This is a fine example of universality, since I know the feelings that this presents all to well...I think. Either I do or I know the feelings that I know which are engaged by what I think the poem is trying to envoke from me...any of that make sense?

I can see all sorts of things in the different stanzas: confusion in the first, blindness in the second, doubt in the third and fourth, and finally the failure brought on by the delay of confusion in the last stanza.

I usually feel like I'm walking around with a rain cloud over my head, but then there are the days that the rain cloud isn't over my head but on top of it, encasing it in a small little bubble-like thingy of fog that leaves me confused and angry with myself...which leads to, that's right, my favorite...Depression! Yay!

Anyway, enough moping about and let's get to the exclaimation points. Now, I would give you a bunch like I did with the past few, but I expect that's just getting old. So I'll do something a little different by giving one really big exclaimation point: !

Now, it may look awful small, but that's only 'cause it's confined by the parameters set by the system. If that were a real exclaimation point off screen, it'd be really really big, like five storeys tall kind of big!

That's pretty big, if you ask me.

Enough talk, more reading!
AaZz chapter 1 . 12/21/2001
do you like writing sad poems or something

well maybe thats why i like your stuff
Teller chapter 1 . 5/10/2001
Deep, dark, and obviously heart-felt. Interesting perspective; I never thought of dusk - metaphorically or literally - from this angle. Again, your vocabulary and resplendent imagery is breath taking. Wow! Tel
Aoi Beru chapter 1 . 4/8/2001
Hee[2] Sorry about my last review for this one fairy-kun, I accidentally touched the 'enter' key before I typed anything. Anyways, NICE METAPHORES! Oi, Obake-chan, this is the first time I've heard you say that phrase for more than twice in a day! But yeah, NICE M-E-T-A-P-H-O-R-E-S! hee[2]. Anyways, here's my review:

First paragraph: "Trapped by the clouds" seemed to reflect a feeling of lossing oneself but in what? The beauty of dusk? "Thread of thought... never seems to fade" very nice, this segment truly shows upon the strong essence of night becoming day, as if day is remembering night in order to become it.

Second paragraph: Imagine yourself traveling across the ocean "Till a flash of red blinds... never knowing..." kinda reminds me the first opening of MKR.

Third Paragraph: "Nothing is what it seems" does that mean the beauty of dusk? It seems to me that you're giving the idea that beauty is truly not always what you find but it's what's beneath that enchantment.

Fourth paragraph: "What will this day hold?" Shouldn't this be 'what will this night hold'? I mean, you're talking about DUSK here... not dawn. Either that, or you should state "what will the NEXT day hold". That might make more sense.

Fifth paragraph: "Blooshed shattering innocence" This poem started charmingly, giving you a sense of the writer's freedom, but as you near the end, it seems that the freedom ends with the day, that sadness begins by night.

What an intriging poem. Great job.
Amaris chapter 1 . 3/26/2001
As a poem it's good. I think I'd like ur poems better if they were happy. But still. It's good. I mean the poem as itselft. But yea...anyways. Keep writing
Obake chan chapter 1 . 3/17/2001
This one's like a beggining of an adventure story. But then again, that's me, and I'm probably wrong. Oh well. Still, it's cool(this one's rhyming, too). Ui, envy you more...ui, ui, ui, ui. Don't mind. Your poems are always dramatic and everything else! I love them!
Aoi Beru chapter 1 . 2/22/2001